Miscellaneous Rumbles

Prayers and Best Wishes for Paul Setzer

Downgraded to a 1 which is about the best that can be said: it’s going to be nasty regardless.

Here’s to everyone coming through this safely.

RicBob doing his best Geraldo Rivera.

Thinking of everyone in the path of Florence. Be safe!

I can see how some might have misinterpreted the title of this thread, but, aren't we offering up a prayer for Paul, JW, and others in the area? And don't we hold best wishes for them to make it through safely? What's that saying about no good deed? (Not intended towards you, Miss Deed. Ha!)

Be safe and take care Carolinians. Sending you thoughts and best wishes......

A good friend and his wife built a new home in New Bern, NC which is apparently getting hammered. No communications so far -- I just home he was able to move to safety...

I'm listening to Cloud 9 and delivering express. The wind has picked up here in the foothills!

Stay safe fellow Carolinians

Ya hanging in there Paul and JW? She’s moving along at snail speed like my wife...just taking her sweet time!

I'm listening to Cloud 9 and delivering express. The wind has picked up here in the foothills!

Stay safe fellow Carolinians

– Setzer

I just listened to Cloud 9. You know. Solidarity.

Solidarity.

Liquidity?

Solidarity.

Liquidity?

– Proteus

At this point, gaseous.

Prayers for this lessening. Hurricane storm surges and flooding can be devastating.

I was in Wilkes-Barre, PA just after hurricane Agnes in 1972, when a crazy storm path caused major flooding in the Susquehanna Valley. My grandparents lived there, and my family got to them a day or two after the water receded and the National Guard arrived. I'd rather not describe the decimation, it was like nothing I'd witnessed before or since.

I have good friends in NC, wishing them, Paul and JW a safe week.

Move along Flo. Good luck everyone.

I can’t imagine a hurricane. Here in Cali it’s wildfires and the occasional earthquake (which I kinda enjoy). But the inescapable force of wind and water?

Stay safe my east coast friends.

We’re still getting hit and she was supposed to take a trip towards the mountains but I believe she’s headed to Savannah.I really hope it doesn’t do one of those loopdydoos...go out and come back in

Fortunately the two high pressures will force it north and it will pick up forward movement later today.

We're in the center of the state and so far not too bad. Lost power for a few hours yesterday but it was restored fairly quickly . We have a couple of inches of rain but expecting much more in the next 24 hours. Hoping the 50 ft trees all around my house remain stable.

I was scheduled to travel to Wilson NC tomorrow for 10-14 days of work which was scheduled months ago. There's a southern route (I-75 S to Asheville and across) and a northern route (I-64 across KY and into WVa and then south) we could take - either way ending up heading east on I-40 across the corridor.

We've canceled traveling tomorrow, and more strongly considering Tuesday. We're watching the precip and other developments, hoping for minimum possible impacts for all involved.

We're in the center of the state and so far not too bad. Lost power for a few hours yesterday but it was restored fairly quickly . We have a couple of inches of rain but expecting much more in the next 24 hours. Hoping the 50 ft trees all around my house remain stable.

– 6stringcowboy

Prayers sent your way 6string. I think the winds will be greatly diminished so that might greatly reduce uprooting any of those trees with a saturated ground. Good luck and wishing you the best.

I was scheduled to travel to Wilson NC tomorrow for 10-14 days of work which was scheduled months ago. There's a southern route (I-75 S to Asheville and across) and a northern route (I-64 across KY and into WVa and then south) we could take - either way ending up heading east on I-40 across the corridor.

We've canceled traveling tomorrow, and more strongly considering Tuesday. We're watching the precip and other developments, hoping for minimum possible impacts for all involved.

– Proteus

Tim ...I’d would’ve loved to have you down on the farm to see all these orange tractors but even in 2 weeks we’ll still be cleaning and not sure when we’re getting power back.We’re about 45min-1 hr south just off 95 from Wilson.However since your that close to Raleigh maybe we could meet up downtown at the Hibernian Irish Restaurant,even drag Ed Ball along if he’s in town.If nothing else since your this close you gotta go by TopHat and 3MonkeysAmps :)

My sister's family all live in North Carolina, spread throughout the state. They've weathered these storms before, but I always worry about them. I've been through some rough storms when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg in Fayetteville, but we were far enough inland to avoid the brunt of them. Fayetteville is right on the Cape Fear River, and it can crest the banks during these tropical storms and hurricanes. There are already at least 6 dead, a million people without power, and tremendous flooding right now. I pray for the Carolinas.

My sister's family all live in North Carolina, spread throughout the state. They've weathered these storms before, but I always worry about them. I've been through some rough storms when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg in Fayetteville, but we were far enough inland to avoid the brunt of them. Fayetteville is right on the Cape Fear River, and it can crest the banks during these tropical storms and hurricanes. There are already at least 6 dead, a million people without power, and tremendous flooding right now. I pray for the Carolinas.

– Wade H

Yep,we’re about 12mi east of Bragg and about 5mi off the Cape Fear and they’ve just mandated an evac if your within a mile of it,the Little and Cross Creek.And to make more fun the tornado warnings/watches are rolling in.

Tim ...I’d would’ve loved to have you down on the farm to see all these orange tractors but even in 2 weeks we’ll still be cleaning and not sure when we’re getting power back.We’re about 45min-1 hr south just off 95 from Wilson.However since your that close to Raleigh maybe we could meet up downtown at the Hibernian Irish Restaurant,even drag Ed Ball along if he’s in town.If nothing else since your this close you gotta go by TopHat and 3MonkeysAmps :)

– Michael Williams

If ya'll end up going to The Hibernian, give me a shout, I may be able to meet ya's. Carr amps is in Pittsboro which is close by as well.

If ya'll end up going to The Hibernian, give me a shout, I may be able to meet ya's. Carr amps is in Pittsboro which is close by as well.

– 6stringcowboy

Absolutely..a post hurricane party And I forgot Carr was in Pittsboro also didn’t realize you were that close either.

Register Sign in to join the conversation