Miscellaneous Rumbles

Prayers and Best Wishes for Paul Setzer

I am wishing Paul Setzer and any other GDPers in Florence's path a safe next four or five days. They are going to be tough ones, for sure.

Paul lives about four hours northwest of Wilmington, North Carolina, so he is unlikely to experience the direct hit of Florence. Yet, he will certainly receive a ton of rain as the storm passes over him (per the U.S. model, but not the European model).

If there are any other GDPers from that area of North Carolina, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Please log in and let us know that you are okay and perhaps let us know how the storm has impacted your life and the lives of those around you.

Indeed, fingers crossed for a safe outcome.

I am in Marshallberg NC, pretty much the northernmost spot in the projected landfall "cone" as shown on the Weather coverage predictions.

The wind is no problem, so far, as I am on the west side of M-berg and the NE winds are hitting to other shore of the town.

Got my fingers crossed as far as the surge goes, (I am on the water known as "The Straight's", and the eastern side of M-berg is bordered by Core Sound).

Electric has been blinking on and off since 8:00 AM this morning, but holding up pretty good right now.

I'll check in as I can. Good luck friends and neighbors.

We’ll be thinking good thoughts for all of you in the area.

Everyone in Eastern NC is still in shock from Matthew. Let's hope Florence starts moving faster.

Here’s hoping for the best. Stay safe.

Good thoughts and best wishes to all in her path. May we see you safely on the other side.

Thanks for the well wish! I think my area is going to need them. Possible catastrophic flooding is predicated with high winds. I just got off work and am doing some last minute preparations. I’m assuming I’ll be delivering the mail in this mess for the next two day. Amazon has suspended its service for a couple days so it’s not going to be pretty at the PO Monday either!

Please be safe everyone!

My son and his family moved a few months back to the Savannah area. He is working in Pooler, and they are living in Bluffton, SC. The latest word from him was that Flo was downgraded to a 2, and she had taken a slight more turn to the north than had been predicted, which is good news for my son and his family, but not so good for those further north. The rain and flooding is going to be bad. My prayers for all who are affected.

Y'all be safe, out there. Prayers.

Thanks for the well wish! I think my area is going to need them. Possible catastrophic flooding is predicated with high winds. I just got off work and am doing some last minute preparations. I’m assuming I’ll be delivering the mail in this mess for the next two day. Amazon has suspended its service for a couple days so it’s not going to be pretty at the PO Monday either!

– Setzer

Take care and keep that Princess high and dry -- going to a rough scene, no doubt.

I wish everyone safety and comfort through this thing, hopefully the lights won't be out too long.

Yes....hoping for the best to all effected. Stay safe. I experienced a big storm when I was a kid growing up at the Jersey Shore. In '62 we lived in the South Inlet section of Atlantic City where the boardwalk actually is over the ocean not the beach. The only thing between our building was the boardwalk and another house. My older brother and I woke up to the boardwalk and the house next to ours gone and the waves crashing off the side of our building. It was literally a miracle that all we got was some minor flooding in our apartment. I have old 8mm movies my father took of the boardwalk literally being lifted up and torn apart by the tide and the wind.

I got a step mom and a nephew there, as well as a bunch of friends, including you, Paul.

You're in my thoughts and I'm hoping this passes with little damage.

Everyone try very hard to stay well and safe! We need you all around for a long time, yet!

Paul and JW, I'm wishing the best for and hope you experience nothing more than just some discomfort for a few days.

Please do check in if you are able to and my thoughts are with you.

The title of this thread gave me such a feeling of dread...now I understand. This is a terrible situation for anyone in the path of this storm, please all be safe and know we’re thinking the best for you.

Our beautiful granddaughter is a proud Outer Banks resident, who put serious thought into staying to support her co-workers. Thankfully, she took the advice of her boss and her boyfriend and left the island yesterday. Stay safe Paul and Larissa.

The title gave me a start until I read the thread.

Damnit Bobby! I was about to be really upset However I too was wondering about my fellow Carolinians today trying to get ready as we’re right off I95 east of FT Bragg so we may be catching the hard outside backhand of this sassy lady but not too bad at the moment.Been wondering about you too JW...stay safe down there!

Stay safe, peoples.

Register Sign in to join the conversation