Miscellaneous Rumbles

Pictures of you as young as you can find.

My older sister sent me this one just today. That was most likely 62.

Mom and me,with Dad's '36 Ford roadster,circa 1944-5

Cool sombrero. Dodgy look.

I was adopted after birth in October 1963. Here's the photo when I came home.

(Just think, once upon a time, you didn't know until the pictures were developed if anyone blinked!)

My older sister sent me this one just today. That was most likely 62.

– chrisbo

Hopefully she was still able to see out of that eye!

Really early shot.

– crowbone

Best. Post. Ever.

Really early shot.

– crowbone

Even before that, a gleam in Daddy's eye!

Me at about a year old in 1966.

That was the year Muddy Waters asked me to blow harp with his band. Due to other more pressing commitments I couldn't take him up on his offer but I did suggest a young guy named James Cotton who was one of my harmonica students at the time. I think it worked out okay.

I was born 5 weeks early with Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn. Rh Factor all messed up.

Lowest .5 percentile for weight and survival in late 1958.

My parents were glad I made it home after a month in an Incubator and a dozen Transfusions.

Check how big the diaper. And the Pocket Ruler along side...Ha!

It was Christmas Week...I was my brother's present. It looks as if he got a Train Set, and Erector Set, too.

He actually smiled in the other pictures from this series, but that was a long time ago...

Me and my Grandfather. Probably 1958/59

My Mother, Betty Jean, holding wee Olivia Anne.

I guess I was about three.

1977 With my first "guitar".

I was born 5 weeks early with Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn. Rh Factor all messed up.

Lowest .5 percentile for weight and survival in late 1958.

My parents were glad I made it home after a month in an Incubator and a dozen Transfusions.

Check how big the diaper. And the Pocket Ruler along side...Ha!

It was Christmas Week...I was my brother's present. It looks as if he got a Train Set, and Erector Set, too.

He actually smiled in the other pictures from this series, but that was a long time ago...

– Twangmeisternyc

Ain't it just like a guy to have a ruler in hand. Usually, it starts a little later than this, however.

My musical path was established quite early:

My Dad did that to be able to record how small I was...I think I still have it somewhere in a box, part of his 1940's Engineering College Drafting Kit.

8"/20cm Scale?

Even back then...not long enough...

My Dad did that to be able to record how small I was...I think I still have it somewhere in a box, part of his 1940's Engineering College Drafting Kit.

8"/20cm Scale?

Even back then...not long enough...

– Twangmeisternyc

Twangmeisternyc, please understand that I was merely joking and not really even directing it at you. Just a general statement about us guys as we are growing up.

I was a premature baby, so, for different reasons, I was also quite small and in an incubator for the first month or more of my life. Glad that you overcame those challenges in your infancy to continue on in life.

These pictures are fantastic. Great to see and to read the stories of all your early years.

I started going to the barn at an early age, I was 2 or so.

With my mom, around age 2 (?)

Register Sign in to join the conversation