Miscellaneous Rumbles

Philly Guitar Show 11/10 & 11/11

It's that time of year again..... Is anyone going?

I hope to attend on Sat. morning.... several things have to happen between now and then but I'm optimistic. As usual, I'll wear a shirt that says either "Gretsch" or "Old School Guitars".

Hope to see some/several of you there. There will be photos.....

I used to go in the 90s....maybe a few times this century. Been @ least 8 years. I heard Sometimes a dude w/ a Bikini doubleneck shows up -- get pix and price?

It's that time of year again..... Is anyone going?

I hope to attend on Sat. morning.... several things have to happen between now and then but I'm optimistic. As usual, I'll wear a shirt that says either "Gretsch" or "Old School Guitars".

Hope to see some/several of you there. There will be photos.....

– senojnad

Same here.

I'd like to. Things just seem to always get in the way.

I always go, usually both days. This year I may take the '63 Bassman that I have listed in the Garage Sale section to the show for a walk around.

Unfortunately, going to miss the show this time. Having surgery on Friday for the third time for Dupuytren's in my right hand (pinky finger this time.. again). Sorry I'll miss seeing everyone. Look forward to seeing photos!

Let’s hope the third time is the charm. Good luck.

Metman -- wishing you all the best with your surgery and for a speedy recovery!

I used to go in the 90s....maybe a few times this century. Been @ least 8 years. I heard Sometimes a dude w/ a Bikini doubleneck shows up -- get pix and price?

– DCBirdMan

I got a pic of it. It's been hovering at a nutty price, considering what it is, but talk to the guy, I'm sure he wants that albatross from around his neck as much as the next guy to own it will!

Thanks guys. Been dealing with this for quite some time. Fortunately it's not in my 'fretting' hand. I'm grateful for that. Enjoy the show!

Hope all works out well for you, Matt.

Thanks, John. I was really hoping to go to the show. Dag, going to miss you guys!

I remember seeing that Bikini a few years back!

I will be there Saturday morning and to bump into some people.

Hey, Joe, if you spot any vintage lefty Gretsches, give me a shout, either here or on Facebook, please. I'm not planning to drive up this time (I went in July), but if a compelling guitar is on the premises, I might make the trip.

Paul/FF909

64 Rose Morris Ricky 1993

A few scripty jets here today

Register Sign in to join the conversation