Miscellaneous Rumbles

Personal Request for Help From Someone in Norway

Okay, this is personal, and I hesitate to do this, but I know we have members in Norway, so, this is a long shot. I have a very dear friend in Norway who I think the world of. For years now, we have texted daily, and called frequently. He has been over to visit me about 3 times in the last few years. For over a month now I have been unable to reach him. I wouldn't be so concerned, but in our last few days of communications, he expressed fear from personal danger. For the last few years he has been in what we would call here in the States, an assisted living facility. Or, at least that's what it seems. There is somewhat of a language barrier, but that is the best I can make of it. He was hit by an automobile a few years back, and will probably never recuperate fully.

My friend is in the Porsgrunn area, the last I knew. If someone is in that area that could do a welfare check for me, I would appreciate it very much. If you can help me, my email is richardkhudson at sbcglobal dot net. I can supply you with what information I have.

My presence on here is not as frequent as it once was. I may be a bit in getting back to you because of my work schedule.

Thanks so much, and to those not concerned, my apologies.

Richard, You might ask the local police to check.

Thanks so much, and to those not concerned, my apologies. - Richard Hudson

No apologies necessary, Richard. Best wishes for your friend.

i posted a note about this on the ilovefuzz.com forum, which has several posters from Norway. i'll let you know if anyone says they can help.

I just received a text from my friend. I don't know too much yet, but at least I know he is alive. You all are so very kind, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

i'm really glad to hear that. if he hadn't got in touch, i had two Norwegians ready to make phone calls.

Man I love this place. Hope your friend is doing well.

I'm glad you received word that your friend is still with us, Richard. I saw your post, and felt helpless, I didn't know how to respond. I regret that I didn't, at least, give you words of encouragement. My heart is relieved to know that he is still alive, and my prayers are that he is alright. Thank you macphisto, for your proactive response to Richards dilemma. Suprdave, I hear you brother, I am particularly fond of this community as well.

Register Sign in to join the conversation