Miscellaneous Rumbles

Paul Pigat’s thumbpick…

I went back and found some old, old Paul Pigat vids (pre-Gretsch) and I was reminded how that guy plays and rocks in a trio--but I've never seen a pic of how he shapes his thumb pick.

So...

Hey Paul... Maybe could you show us?

I sometimes play with a thumbpick too--can flat pick a bit with it, but I've never gone completely down that road.

But there is still time!

Anyway, if anyone has a pic of his thumbpick shape, I'd love to see it.

K

This one is a little worn out and a bit short but think of the shape like a big fingernail!

Paul!

Thanks!

How's it going anyway--I've been off the forum for about five years--great to hear from you direct and still a big fan!

K

And while I've got you on the line, heh heh, seems I remember that when you can't bring your own gear you request a Fender Deluxe Reverb 65 or a 59' Bassman reissue--does that sound right?

Looking for an amp, and all I can possibly pick from out here will likely be a new Fender amp a la a Fender Deluxe 65 or 68 Reissue or the 59' Bassman (which is probably as freaking heavy as my falling-apart DeVille 410).

Any suggestions (I'd love to find an old amp-the Vibro sounds great, but in Poland that stuff is rare and pricey).

K

Hey Konrad!! Great to see u back on the pages. If you are going to get a new fender, I’d go with the 68 deluxe reissue. I think it’s the best of all the reissue models. Keep an eye out for a crazy eastern block 60s guitar for me!!

Paul--I'll do that. A lot of crazy models though--not many very good. Anything you have heard about or have in mind?

K

Hey Konrad!! Great to see u back on the pages. If you are going to get a new fender, I’d go with the 68 deluxe reissue. I think it’s the best of all the reissue models. Keep an eye out for a crazy eastern block 60s guitar for me!!

– paul pigat

Interesting that you mentioned the 68 deluxe. It seems to come out tops generally over the blackface 65....and I’d assume that would be best for rootsy rock n roll?

Let us know any thoughts about why that may be

This one is a little worn out and a bit short but think of the shape like a big fingernail!

– paul pigat

Just curious, Paul . . . assuming your thumbpick was modified, what tool(s) do you use to shape it?

I’ve been interested in Perlgold guitars lately. They were made in eastern Germany I believe. Don’t know what they play like or how they would but they sure look cool!!
I think the 68 wins out because it has different input stage from what I’ve been told. Channel 2 is voiced like a bass man. The 65s always seem weak to me. 68s are more consistent as well As for tools, a small file!!!

I’ve been interested in Perlgold guitars lately. They were made in eastern Germany I believe. Don’t know what they play like or how they would but they sure look cool!!
I think the 68 wins out because it has different input stage from what I’ve been told. Channel 2 is voiced like a bass man. The 65s always seem weak to me. 68s are more consistent as well As for tools, a small file!!!

– paul pigat

Hey Paul,

I‘m located in germany and I can have an eye on offers for Perlgold guitars if you want me to...

Cheers Stefan

Thanks Stefan. Always looking for weird guitars !

Paul, I also looked for these yesterday--I didn't see any in Poland. But I heard they actually sound pretty good!

K

For some reason the name of this post reminds me of Tom Harrison's Band 'Bruno Gerussi's Medallion' This is definitely a Vancouver BC sort of joke http://www.canadianbands.co...

or maybe even 'Van Gogh's Ear' !

Register Sign in to join the conversation