Miscellaneous Rumbles

PATRIOTS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!

The Patriots have played in 9 of the last 18 Superbowls and won 6 of them. They've played in 4 of the last 5 and won 3 of them. A lot of people counted them out this season and there's not any better way to motivate them.

Congrats to the Pats. Ring #7 for Brady after next year's SB.

Brady has played in 17% of all Superbowls, and won more than 10% of them. Pretty crazy to think about.

The Saints were robbed...

Belichick keeps the Team together, Brady/McDaniels keep the Offense together.

After the NFL's blacklisting of Colin Kaepernick and the coverups of all the allegations of player abuse of women, I can't care about anything NFL any more.

I watched several episodes of Cash Cab yesterday instead of the Stupid Bowl.

As usual, I record whatever I want to watch. It allows me to do my thing around my place, watching when I want or go out and not miss anything. It also allows me to skip through all the commercials - I did watch some of the SB ones but only a few were clever - and shorten the time watching. If whatever I'm watching isn't good, I can simply dump it and move on. The only thing I'll watch live is the news, and not all of that either.

And yes the NFL is a despicable organization for its covering up of abuse of women behavior of the players. When they're convicted, they should have a lifetime ban imposed, no exceptions.

On the subject of the game, it certainly won't be remembered as memorable, unless you're a big fan of a defensive struggle. It was sort of the equivalent of a baseball game where both pitchers have the upper hand and there's few hits or runs. Exciting for some folks but most, myself included, prefer an offensive game, especially for the season's final game, or series, as the case may be.

Love 'em or hate 'em, Belichick and Brady are a rare pair in sports. Only Toe Blake and a few of the Montreal Canadians in winning the Stanley Cup have a record (in the '50's & '60's) that approaches this tandem. The fact they've been coach and quarterback together for every one of their Super Bowl wins is remarkable!! Considering how difficult it is to even reach the Super Bowl let alone win it, and to have won it so many times in the history of the event is something nobody would've bet on when they won their first!

The Patriots did what they always do and that's to take what they learned of their opposition from the first half and alter their play enough to win. Remember they didn't win any of their previous SB victories by more than a touchdown so that streak was just barely broken. For me, the important stat from yesterday's win was that the Rams, for all their scoring prowess during the regular season, could only muster 3 points yesterday. NE's defense carried the play till their offense took over for that one drive where they made the Rams look like amateurs, by successfully running the same play 3 times in a row getting to the goal line and then scoring easily. I enjoyed Brady doing what he does best and that's to control the game in the 4th quarter. No argument that he's the greatest quarterback of all time.

I had some really great food at the party I was attending.

On the subject of the game, it certainly won't be remembered as memorable, unless you're a big fan of a defensive struggle. It was sort of the equivalent of a baseball game where both pitchers have the upper hand and there's few hits or runs. Exciting for some folks but most, myself included, prefer an offensive game, especially for the season's final game, or series, as the case may be.

Love 'em or hate 'em, Belichick and Brady are a rare pair in sports. Only Toe Blake and a few of the Montreal Canadians in winning the Stanley Cup have a record (in the '50's & '60's) that approaches this tandem. The fact they've been coach and quarterback together for every one of their Super Bowl wins is remarkable!! Considering how difficult it is to even reach the Super Bowl let alone win it, and to have won it so many times in the history of the event is something nobody would've bet on when they won their first!

The Patriots did what they always do and that's to take what they learned of their opposition from the first half and alter their play enough to win. Remember they didn't win any of their previous SB victories by more than a touchdown so that streak was just barely broken. For me, the important stat from yesterday's win was that the Rams, for all their scoring prowess during the regular season, could only muster 3 points yesterday. NE's defense carried the play till their offense took over for that one drive where they made the Rams look like amateurs, by successfully running the same play 3 times in a row getting to the goal line and then scoring easily. I enjoyed Brady doing what he does best and that's to control the game in the 4th quarter. No argument that he's the greatest quarterback of all time.

– Windsordave

Not to be forgotten is the tandem of Red Auerbach & Bill Russell, who won 9 NBA titles together.

I had some really great food at the party I was attending.

– crowbone

That's about all I can say as well!

Not to be forgotten is the tandem of Red Auerbach & Bill Russell, who won 9 NBA titles together.

– Tony

It's worth noting that there were only 8 teams in the NBA at the time.

– Tony

Right you are Tony! Forgot about that pair!

Register Sign in to join the conversation