Miscellaneous Rumbles

On the dole…We earned it!

I received my 1st Pension Check today.

My wife, who snuck in ahead of me November 1, is in Retroactive Payment status...will receive a multiple dispersement soon enough.

We agreed we each just Cash the Checks, no need to tell the other what happened to the money....

No, no. You’re not on Public Assistance (the dole). You and your wife have earned the money coming to you, and I love the idea of not telling the other where the money goes. Enjoy!

Congratulations to both of you! I’ll be there soon. Pensions are going the way of the dinosaurs.

These are token amounts...

Mine is from my first real job I had for 6 1/2 years way, way back then, hers is a Supplemental Plan.

But, I'm NOT telling, Nope, I'm NOT.

I live in Ne-Va-da.

Congrats!! Sounds like it could not have happened to nicer couple.

Enjoy (and maybe sneak a new toy in every now and then..)

No, no. You’re not on Public Assistance (the dole). You and your wife have earned the money coming to you, and I love the idea of not telling the other where the money goes. Enjoy!

– Deed Eddy

Not that you implied such, but to be clear, there's nothing wrong with being on public assistance. We all need a little help sometimes, and we can't always know the circumstances that precipitated someone else's need. That assistance is earned by virtue of being a human being in a civilized society.

Nevertheless, congratulations Twangmeister. I look forward to my own pension in 28 years.

Congrats. I pushed the button earlier this year. Life is good.

Congratulations, Twangmeisternyc, to both of you!!! Here's wishing you all the best for a very long, happy & healthy retired life!

I've been enjoying retired life for over a decade -- it just keeps "getting better all the time...."

Congrats and enjoy every minute.

I've been enjoying retirement for three months. It's a whole new world of watching life through a new windshield. My front porch.

If you earned it, it's not the dole.

Enjoy it!

I guess you could say, "I'm now on the dole". I'm still working and enjoying it with no real need at 70. SS finally sent me a letter saying basically, we can't not give you your money anymore, here take it". Or lawyer'ez for keep working, we can now not reduce your maximum benefit due to you working.

Works for me. SInce I've worked continually since 14, I cannot get a larger benefit as it is the highest they hand out. But like others, I worked for that money so I feel no bummery about it!!

We have been joking about this Pension for decades, it is not much more than pocket money...

30+ years ago we estimated 2 Happy Meals/month.

It's better than that, more like a nice Dinner Out.

Register Sign in to join the conversation