Miscellaneous Rumbles

Olivia de Havilland RIP

“After all, tomorrow is another day”.

One of the last of the greats of the Golden Era.... and the last living star of Gone With The Wind..

104, though. She did all right.

RIP

RIP Ms. De Havilland. I recall her being a favorite of my parents.

One of the greatest ladies of the silver screen. She had quite the laughable reputation for her foul language at herself when she messed up a scene. She had a fabulous run. R.I.P.

She outlived her hated sister, Joan Fontaine. RIP.

WOW!! What a wonderful lady!

Rest In Peace -- you clearly deserve it!

I had the pleasure of seeing her in person at the screening of The Adventures of Robin Hood In San Francisco back circa 1976. This was a screening of the first new 35mm print in a generation of this classic. (Music for the film composed by Erich Wolfgang Korngold which is why I am ewkewk at The Gretsch Pages). There were 1800 people at this screening and she received not only a standing ovation but at least 3 minutes of sustained uninterrupted applause when she appeared after the screening. She was deeply moved, utterly gracious, and the essence of what a great Hollywood star was all about.

For me, her best performance was as Maid Marion in the 1935 Adventures of Robin Hood opposite Errol Flynn. She was always gracious and elegant.

One of the last of the greats of the Golden Era.... and the last living star of Gone With The Wind..

104, though. She did all right.

RIP

– Kevin Frye

I believe Olivia is THE last of the golden era of Hollywood. Before his passing Kirk Douglas was a member.

If you look on You Tube you can find the Warner Brothers outtakes on a yearly basis. I think Warner Brothers internally called them The Breakdowns. Olivia De Havilland is seen in many outtakes flubbing her lines and thereafter swearing like a sailor. Funny stuff.

Register Sign in to join the conversation