Miscellaneous Rumbles

Old Band from the 60’s getting back together 50 years later :)

1974 Gretsch Country Club 7576 :)

Who says us old Rockers can't play dinner music on a Gretsch? :)

"The Coaevils" jamming on some Dinner Jazz and warming up for our 50th Jr. High Reunion - 7 - 30 - 20171967 - 2017

We also still do the Rock n' Roll we played back in 1965- 67 :)

We have our 8th Grade, "William H. Crocker School" Graduating Class of 1967 Reunion coming up this Sunday :)

Marvelous that you are having a junior high school reunion.

Thanks Guys!

Hey, We weren't even old enough to drive back then - Lol!

The Scary part is that we are almost twice as old as our teachers were back then in 1965 - 1967 :)

In fact, two are coming to the reunion ,, :)

"The Coaevils" back in 1966 :)

– Geoffrey E. Stich

Back in the day, 1965-66 when a Bassman and Bandmaster kicked back on KOOL TILT-BACK LEGS was the baddest look in rock and roll. By 67 tho, Marshall stacks were the hottest look going.

A reunion like that is about as cool as cool gets.

I didn't go to my high school's 50th this year. It looks like you had a good time!

Hi Ric12,

I'm just as baffled as you are? - Lol!

It just sounded good when a friend suggested it back in 1966 :)

We were a bunch of aspiring 13 year olds ,,

Reminded me of a huge black bird or something ,,?

Here's our first picture and our first gig back in 1965 :)

Garden party for my cousin's wedding in Palo Alto, Calif. ,, :)

Those are great photos and fun to see the band back together. How do you pronounce Coaevils?

Tasty playing. This is a perfect example of when I hear kids say the will only play one style or another.. Age tends to blow that right up..

Wow -- what a great and fun time that must have been!!!

Some of my various and mates from 50 (+) years ago are missing (zero contact info) or deceased.

I truly envy your opportunity to enjoy that reunion!

I remember when you posted those pics before. Wonderful! We never had a formal dance to celebrate end of school here, but I remember someone hired a local hall and we had a kind of band of us playing. Then we put everything away and partied. I think someone even managed to get a keg in there. This was all 100% student organised - no schools or parents were involved. It was a pretty wild night, and i had forgotten it until your pics reminded me.

You fellas in the US had access to some amazing gear!

Yes, please. How do you pronounce the band's name? So great you can still get together with your mates like this. Set list?

Jr. High reunion is a good idea...especially for High Schools with low graduation rates.

Yeah. Break a leg!!!!

Edit

I googled my band mates from that era this weekend. Results: 2 dead, 2 missing (although I found a maybe on one of them). I was afraid to look up me.

That's the worst band name I've ever heard, and I was in Gaznoidney and the Hermatroids. What does Coaevils mean and how is it pronounced?

It's like, Co - Evils :)

Not that we were evil, of course ,, but it just rang good to us kids and stuck as sounding cool ,,

We could change it later to, "The Crocker Vikings", or, "Vikings", cause that was the name of our school :)

We were really good for our age and played alot at the Jr. High Dances, Private Parties, House parties, Society functions, Church Dances, etc.

We even were supposed to get on "The Merv Griffin Show" in 1965 cause one of the guy's mom knew Merv, but that fell through ,,

Thanks! :)

Mostly songs that we were playing back in 1965 - 67 ,, but better now ,, :)

Coevils Play List - 08/13/17

EG: Heart Full of Soul -Dm, For Your Love - Em, Hide Your Love Away - G, Last Time- E, Tired of Waiting -G, Brown Eyed Girl - G, Time Is On My Side - F, The Letter - Am, Paint It Black - Em, Gloria - E, Wild Thing - A, Louie, Louie - A, Little Latin Lupe Lou - G, Pipeline - Em, Walk, Don't Run - A, Church Key - A, Wipe out - C, Maybe House of the rising son, and Requests ,,

,, Hey, I'd like to throw in a Duane Eddy tune or so tune if we can, etc., :)

Maybe a Funk Jam, Blues, Some dinner Jazz ,,

I remember when I got a "Maestro Fuzz Tone Pedal" back in 1966, we just went to town on Psych. and other garage Neo Psych stuff :)

Really looking forward this and we all should have a Ball and in great spirit!, :)

Thanks! :)

Mostly songs that we were playing back in 1965 - 67 ,, but better now ,, :)

Coevils Play List - 08/13/17

EG: Heart Full of Soul -Dm, For Your Love - Em, Hide Your Love Away - G, Last Time- E, Tired of Waiting -G, Brown Eyed Girl - G, Time Is On My Side - F, The Letter - Am, Paint It Black - Em, Gloria - E, Wild Thing - A, Louie, Louie - A, Little Latin Lupe Lou - G, Pipeline - Em, Walk, Don't Run - A, Church Key - A, Wipe out - C, Maybe House of the rising son, and Requests ,,

,, Hey, I'd like to throw in a Duane Eddy tune or so tune if we can, etc., :)

Maybe a Funk Jam, Blues, Some dinner Jazz ,,

I remember when I got a "Maestro Fuzz Tone Pedal" back in 1966, we just went to town on Psych. and other garage Neo Psych stuff :)

Really looking forward this and we all should have a Ball and in great spirit!, :)

– Geoffrey E. Stich

excellent track list

Register Sign in to join the conversation