Miscellaneous Rumbles

Oh, Mersa, Mersa, Me…

Looks like your "texting arm" is getting better. Now for the rest of you.

Kick its ass, John. We're pulling for you.

Damn John, hang in there and get well soon!

Here's hoping that your hospital stay is brightened by the visage of some attractive nurses. Do what they say and get better soon, John.

Take care of yourself. I hope you recover well and soon.

Praying for your speedy recovery, John.

Get well soon, John. Best wishes from Ol' Blighty.

All the best sir,and here's to a quick recovery!

Please take care of yourself.

I hope you get better quickly, John!

let me know if you need anything. i can be there in three hours. any time. will pm you my phone number

– munman

Thanks, Dave.

John, how's it goin? May we have an update, please? If you've posted an update elsewhere, I've missed it, and we worry. XX Olivia Anne

Been there and done that John. Contracted a deadly level of a strain of MRSA 2 1/2 yrs ago and it wasn't fun but got the right drug to kill it, although three weeks of twice a day IV's and 2 months of pills wasn't convenient, it beat the alternative. Stay resolved and get better soon!!

Update:

Looks like I'm on IV antibiotics for another couple of weeks at least.

After that, like Windsordave, it's a couple months on pills, then hopefully, I'll be rid of this entirely.

Whew!! Great news, my friend! I was worried 'bout you!

Update:

After that, like Windsordave, it's a couple months on pills, then hopefully, I'll be rid of this entirely.

– crowbone

That's great news!! I had a high school friend contract a bacterial infection in the later '90's. Had a scratch that got infected and he went to the hospital (in Cincinnati). They brought in experts immediately but they had nothing to stop it's advancing and he died in a week. That sure came to mind when I got the news about my infection but fortunately they had the drug - vancomycin - that killed it, and I felt back to normal in 48 hrs. Still infected by not in misery.

Hope you're up and about soon!!

Glad to hear it's under control... any idea how you got it???

Wow -- somehow I missed all this. (Haven't been able to spend much time here recently...)

Very sorry to hear about this, John. Here's wishing you all the best -- I'm pulling for you! Be well!

Thanks, everyone.

It may have been a spider bite.

It may have been a scratch.

I have no recollection of anything happening to my elbow the days leading up to this, though, so it'll remain a mystery .

I don't know the protocol on this, John - does that mean you're still in the horsepedal?

Still in my prayers, buddy!

Congrats on the good news John but like Superdave, I'm going to keep sending prayers. I know that a spider bite I got between the knuckles on my thumb in 2011 got pretty infected but an injection and 10 days of antibiotics I was fine but it did get nasty looking and they treated it as if it were a Brown Recluse.

No wonder I like spiders as much as Indiana Jones likes snakes!

Register Sign in to join the conversation