Miscellaneous Rumbles

October is Here!

Besides being the best weather month...

NHL started last night

MLB Playoffs started last night

Today, there are 3 Baseball games on TV, 2 Hockey Games, and a NFL game...and we still are to get our BIG TV for the new house...

Go Indians!

My wife has a joke about Pumpkin Spice from a few years back..."MAKE IT STOP!"

Overdone, Overexposed, God forbid a Latte.

EDIT: I think it was the Pumpkin Spice Cheerios that sent her over the top!

Or a Candy Truffle...

Only in Pumpkin Pie, or Amish Pumpkin Cake Roll...THAT's IT!

Here in Phoenix Arizona, October ushers in a change in our weather. We go from "surface of the sun" hot, to "seasonably warm". It all happens very quickly, blink and you'll miss fall, or spring for that matter. It's the time of year that our summer autopilot gets shut off, and we can enjoy out of doors again.

Wildlife emerges during the day once more, and a feeling of gratitude permeates those of us who remained to brave out the summer. We somehow managed to survive the pizza oven like temperatures once again, and we rejoice, knowing that cool water is on its way back to our indoor faucets.

Somewhere around the end of October, the memories of the blast furnace we call summer fade, and we take to the parks and chaparral. Life is good again, tempers are quelled, and endorphins are released. The natives dance, singing songs of lore and happiness.

The pumpkin spice scourge is upon us...aaaooo! scary!

My Phillies are not playing this month............

Manager Gabe Kapler thinks it has been a TERRIFFIC year.... Well, it has been historic -- the Phillies are the first team in history to go from 15 games over .500 in August to finish BELOW .500.

Kapler brags about their historic improvement from last year. I guess he didn't notice Atlanta...

Here in the Midwest you get three days of spring and three days of fall but they're never consecutive.

The change in sunlight says Fall, the leaves dancing on the wind says Fall. The high today of 86 degrees and the “feelslike” of 90, sadly, do not.

October ushers the return of morning mists to the American River canyon. The change of season in the Sierra Nevada always amazes me.

The pumpkin spice scourge is upon us...aaaooo! scary!

– Bob Howard

SCTV! You get 10 extra useless Internet points!

I'm more of a Bob & Doug and Johnny La Rue fan. Count Floyd is based on a guy out of Indy---Sammy Terry. The character comes from an Ingmar Bergman movie, "The Seventh Seal"---Death! I love cheesy local TV sometimes!

Here too, Miss. Deed.

– Suprdave

Don't gripe, Dave. We're just as warm on Lafayette, but we're at 86% humidity. There's a major festival this weekend, Feast of the Hunter's Moon, a 1750s trappers' rendezvous. 60-70K people, been going on annually since '58. It's gonna be steamy!

Don't gripe, Dave. We're just as warm on Lafayette, but we're at 86% humidity. There's a major festival this weekend, Feast of the Hunter's Moon, a 1750s trappers' rendezvous. 60-70K people, been going on annually since '58. It's gonna be steamy!

– wabash slim

Yeah, we had our famous Fall Festival this week, which is second only to Mardi Gras, believe it or not. It's usually cool to cold jacket to coat weather here, for this event. Not this week. We did get a nice cloud burst to steam things up real good, earlier today. Currently 90 degrees, feels like 97.

It's the only month in which all four major sports are played simultaneously.

Baseball, football, basketball, and hockey.

Sports lover's paradise. Sports gambler's hell.

The rain has begun in Portland. We got more rain today than we had in the entirety of summer. Feels like home!

Yeah, we had our famous Fall Festival this week, which is second only to Mardi Gras, believe it or not. It's usually cool to cold jacket to coat weather here, for this event. Not this week. We did get a nice cloud burst to steam things up real good, earlier today. Currently 90 degrees, feels like 97.

– Suprdave

Wicked humidex, eh Dave?

Sanchez's was a Bomb, 479 feet over the deep left center Green Monster onto Lansdowne Street!

Possibly the most impressive Home Run at Fenway ever (at least to a Yankees fan)...

https://www.google.com/url?...

I'm a couple days late but sure love how my hometown team, The Astros, are playing!

I always splurge on Good Beer in October!!!

A younger woman who works for my wife just got back from Octoberfest. Recently married, her husband had a Biz Trip and she tagged along and they made a second Honeymoon out of it finishing in Munich. They did Prague and Berlin, too, as well as a day trip to Neuschwanstein Castle...Lucky them!

Register Sign in to join the conversation