Miscellaneous Rumbles

Now THIS is cool

Jeez. Now I’m hungry.

Owned by Fred Gretsch III’s son (also named Fred), I believe.

He and his wife Anne were at the 2010 or 2011 Nashville Roundup... can’t remember what year. Maybe someone else who was there can clarify this.

Fred (this Fred, not the elder) brought Gretsch Brothers Angus steaks and burgers to a Roundup - and we branded the meat before cooking.

It was delicious, and an event to remember. A branded (and still hairy) AB hide travels with the Roundup supplies, and has hung (usually on the outside of the Tobacco Barn) during the events. I believe Crowbone wore it as a cape, along with a fez, one year during his duty as Joe's Lovely Assistant during the Pickdrop Schwagfest.

Fred (this Fred, not the elder) brought Gretsch Brothers Angus steaks and burgers to a Roundup - and we branded the meat before cooking.

It was delicious, and an event to remember. A branded (and still hairy) AB hide travels with the Roundup supplies, and has hung (usually on the outside of the Tobacco Barn) during the events. I believe Crowbone wore it as a cape, along with a fez, one year during his duty as Joe's Lovely Assistant during the Pickdrop Schwagfest.

– Proteus

Good to see your memory is not as hazy as mine... too much moonshine that year.

Even for a vegetarian like me, it looks like a great place. :)

Good to see your memory is not as hazy as mine... too much moonshine that year.

– Tartan Phantom

oh yeah, that one year.

They were very nice folks and the meat was yummy. I'll have to see if I pass that town on the way to Florida in a few weeks.

Musta been ‘10. Rachel and I were at ‘11 and while the lovely Dinah and Fred III were in attendance (along with another high profile and delightful couple) I don’t remember Fred IV or Anne.

Very cool old building and the food looks delicious!

It was 2011. I've just found a stash of pics that would explode y'all's heads. The people who were at that Roundup...epic, legendary, one for the ages, the golden apotheosis of Roundupry.

And they're phenomenal pics, taken by Mark Zimin. Not my hackwork. These pictures steal souls.

Here's Angus Fred with the hide, but it's so pointless to display the photos in this format. They should be a coffee-table book.

It was 2011. I've just found a stash of pics that would explode y'all's heads. The people who were at that Roundup...epic, legendary, one for the ages, the golden apotheosis of Roundupry.

And they're phenomenal pics, taken by Mark Zimin. Not my hackwork. These pictures steal souls.

Here's Angus Fred with the hide, but it's so pointless to display the photos in this format. They should be a coffee-table book.

– Proteus

Gee... I wonder who owns that guitar?

– Proteus

You are SUCH a tease!

Register Sign in to join the conversation