Miscellaneous Rumbles

NHL Playoffs 2019!

Dallas looked good, but not great. The line shifts that Coach Montgomery made seemed to work.

I'd like Jamie Oleksiak back in the lineup, but his lower injury is keeping him out. His size matters!

The refs...don't get me going. I'd surmise every fan thinks the refs are against his team.

Ben Bishop got hacked square in the back and went down, but no call. The arena went crazy as the jumbo-tron replayed it over and over. The refs are blatant.

Addendum: I've realized that if Bishop is on, the Stars will win. Binnington is a Calder finalist? I don't see how. He does not seem like a standout goalie to me.

Go Dallas!

...!

Canes' crowd was amazing. The Isles looked outclassed there - they could not get anything going once they were behind. I kinda feel bad for Lehner after his misplay led to the tie-breaking goal.

Bishop getting chopped in the back with the ref staring at him from 20' away goes directly to my point of the NHL officiating being a joke as there's not an ounce of consistency.....and the playoffs just highlighting this fact. This isn't just my opinion but a feature of the officiating everyone sees essentially every game. The playoffs just put more of a spotlight on how individualistic the refs call the games. Linesman are doing a great job but the refs should be fired, and the jerks in the head office telling them to officiate this way. Just once I'd like to see a retired ref come forward and give us the back story on this mis-direction they're ordered to do in how the league wants them to not call penalties in the playoffs that are a penalty every game in the regular season.

Yeah, that was a ridiculous play - should have been called. The only reason he did it imo was to provoke a response in hopes that the resulting penalties would have advantaged St. L.

Not calling it could have led to refs losing control of the game.

Also the Marchand little hit to the back of the head. Easy to call that unsportsmanlike conduct.

Two intense games tonight. The Isles just didn't have anything left to fight with by the second period with the Canes on 'em like white on rice. Their best players weren't their best player and there was no hope they'd come back to win the game, let alone the series. Canes can get some much needed rest waiting for an opponent for round 3.

Dallas played much like the Canes and after surviving some huge hits, stuck to their game plan and went off and hid with their lead. Same story; the Blues best weren't at their best with the expected results. Same with the Aves in the last game of that series so if they don't come to life tomorrow, they could be another team golfing soon.

I can only imagine what Bishop was thinking when he tapped the puck 5 feet to his right leaving it up for grabs, then Bam! He gets a tap-in over his shoulder.

He only give the Blues and the fans hope.

Luckily, the team stood strong keeping the score 2-1.

I'm never happy unless Dallas has a 3-goal lead!

Stars at home tomorrow at 2 pm, and with luck, the team handshake will ensue!

...------

Giving some thought to driving up and watching the game on the Plaza tomorrow afternoon.....never done that....looks pretty cool.

Giving some thought to driving up and watching the game on the Plaza tomorrow afternoon.....never done that....looks pretty cool.

– p2gee

What's this Plaza you're referring to?

Big win by the Bruins tonight! Series lead 3-2. What a crazy game. That 3rd period was nuts! I think I can breathe again!

I agree.....hell of a 3rd period! The Ave's played very defensively in the neutral zone instead of trying to force the play. Both goalies were exceptional.

I have nothing good to say about game 6 between the Stars and Blues.

The refs were dreadful.

The Stars offense was DREADFUL.

Addendum: If a team does not want referee interference determining a game outcome, then score more goals. I was mad at the refs, justifiably, but the Stars offense was pathetic.

Addendum II: I did NOT want to stress during a game 7. I may not watch, but who knows. The hockey playoffs are fantastic, but they give you gray hair and chest aches!

...-------

I agree with your assessment. I've never understood why a team, especially playing at home with a chance to close out a series, doesn't hit the ice with a fire in their belly and terror in their eyes to set the tone for the heavy physical pounding their opposition can expect. We'll see what St Louis does with the at-home game 7.

What's this Plaza you're referring to?

– Windsordave

On the east side of American Airlines Center is a open pavillion area where fans gather for pregame. The have a BIG screen tv at one end and fans who were not able to get into the game will gather there and watch the game outside.

I am almost of the opinion that for game 7 you put Dobby in just to show em something different and give Bishop time to mental regroup. Dobby is just as effective as Bishop just different in the way he goes about it.

The Stars getting a second line that is fast and can score has been awesome.

Having "2" goalies that can go deep in the playoffs is also great. If Dallas blows this series, it's on them.

Homer or not, I'm of the mind that currently, Dallas is the better team over St. Louis, but they did not show it in two of the 3 losses.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Carolina looks really tough!

...------

Woo! So happy to see my Bruins eliminate the Blue Jackets in 6 and move on to the ECF! I just knew they would do it tonight. Rask has been a wall. Bring on Carolina!

The Bruins earned the win, for sure. I expect a very rough series against the Canes. Hope that both the western series game 7's are barn-burners.

Jackets didn't show up, Av's kept playing.

Canes are the smart money, plus some rest...

I don't care to see Boston go any further....

Honestly, I do NOT want a barn-burner in the Dallas/St. Louis game.

It stresses me out so much.

I want a real boring 6-0 win for the Stars!!!

Addendum: I may be the only one who wants it in this forum!

...!

Let's go Stars!

And in other Hockey News...

Vigneault, Theirren, and Yeo set to lead the Flyers...but wait, Hitchcock is now available, too!

He should join that party....

Honestly, I do NOT want a barn-burner in the Dallas/St. Louis game.

It stresses me out so much.

I want a real boring 6-0 win for the Stars!!!

Addendum: I may be the only one who wants it in this forum!

...!

– indianation65

Oh I would take a 6-0 but not expecting it. Preparing my self for another white knuckled stress-er. Gonna wear my Faksa jersey to go watch the game......It pulled us through the elimination game with Nashville.

And in other Hockey News...

Vigneault, Theirren, and Yeo set to lead the Flyers...but wait, Hitchcock is now available, too!

He should join that party....

– Twangmeisternyc

To me, having had a belly full of him here, Vigneault is a POS as a coach. This is now the era of "play the young players!!" and he's never bought into that philosophy so IMO, kiss the Flyers' chances goodbye. Might as well add Hitch to that mix and have his penchant for defense bore the hell out of the fans to go along with Vigneault's mishandling of the team's youth.

Jackets didn't show up, Av's kept playing.

Canes are the smart money, plus some rest...

I don't care to see Boston go any further....

– Twangmeisternyc

The Blue Jackets had a good rest before the 2nd round. Didn't help them.

Bruins are the highest seed remaining, and have the hottest goalie. That's where the smart money is.

I lived in Boston for a year...any affinity for the Home Team didn't stay with me.

But, I also grew up near Philly, and then with 8 years living in Manhattan...

Register Sign in to join the conversation