Miscellaneous Rumbles

NHL Playoffs 2019!

Elimination Games Tonight!

I think I ranted when the Pens won back-to-back, wishing them a long Summer break...

Pittsburgh without a point from Crosby puts them in their current predicament. They might have another early exit.

Sweeps aren't uncommon in the NHL, just surprising.

...------

Sweeps aren't uncommon in the NHL, just surprising.

...------

– indianation65

Especially when you're the #1 seed in your division, and you have the highest win/point total of any team since 1996.

Not a 'Bolts fan, but I am truly stunned by their lack of performance. Same goes for the Pens... both teams are waaaayyyy better than that.

The Bolts & Pens are booking tee times today for after the locker clean out event. The Bolts are the ones to be ashamed of their poor performance, given the successful regular season they had. The mystery is why they weren't able to impose their style of play over the Blue Jackets. It was an entire team letdown which is quite unprecedented. Chance for one more exit tonight.

The Jets/Blues series is the most interesting at the moment with both sides playin' their hearts out. Prior to the playoffs beginning, in theory, both had a chance for a deep run but the format doesn't allow for it. Wish they'd return to the older format for match ups. As it stands now, there isn't enough of an incentive to finish high in the standings in the regular season. The playoff match ups should be a direct reward process for the results of the regular season and it isn't. There isn't even a bye system which I think there should be. Other major sports have it and it's what teams are after as a trophy of sorts for the regular season performance and win record.

Congrats to the Isles & esp. Columbus. Wow. Tampa Bay failed in the big moment. You would think a team like that could figure out how to attack Columbus. The Pens also came up small, but they've had a lot of success in recent years. Columbus made TB look hopeless.

Yeah, so much for the regular season.

I think the format is fine, and I do not want to see teams get a bye week for having the best records.

Besides the Triple Crown, the Stanley Cup is probably the hardest event to win. There's a reason it's brutal.

Addendum: The Iditarod actually may be the most difficult to win.

...see you cats at the Stars game! IN65

Very proud of my hometown Winnipeg Jets...and my current home, Maple Leafs. But my heart remains with the Jets!

The Dallas Stars looked like a real contender tonight.

We'll see what Saturday brings!

...------

The Dallas Stars looked like a real contender tonight.

We'll see what Saturday brings!

...------

– indianation65

Yep.....I was most impressed with Zucarello. That little 5ft8in water bug was going Roussel on them all night. He slaughtered two guys on the boards that were easily twice his size, constantly mixing it up in front and behind the net, and then just to rub salt, scored a goal later. We need to figure out a way to keep him for next year.

Hard to understand the Rangers unloading Zucc to Dallas...good for him!

Congrats from a Preds fan on an outstanding performance... My team looked like the Johnstown Chiefs before Reggie Dunlop was coach... Wish we had the Hanson Brothers!

Zucc will be an unrestricted free agent next year. Rather than risk losing him for nothing Rangers traded him to Dallas for two picks (with conditions).

IIRC the pick this year becomes a first round if Dallas makes it through two rounds of playoffs. The 2020 pick becomes a first-rounder if Zucc signs with Dallas.

We love him in NY. Hope Dallas loves him too. Glad to see him doing well.

I am aware of all that...but, Zucc is a spark plug...makes any team better. Rangers could have kept him.

Our 8 years in Manhattan included a lot of Rangers games. I thought it was just Glen Sather who dumped all the players every couple years...Zucc was his signing.

Another Elim Game tonight...hard to have bet that Colorado would take down Calgary...

The Blues didn't stop playing...moxie back and forth!

If the Jets make it through I don't like their chances, based on their inconsistent play in this this series.

IMO, I think there's something going on with Gaudreau. He just isn't playing his usual dominant style. There's times he's on the ice but not part of the play, and that usually isn't the case.

If the Jets make it through I don't like their chances, based on their inconsistent play in this this series.

IMO, I think there's something going on with Gaudreau. He just isn't playing his usual dominant style. There's times he's on the ice but not part of the play, and that usually isn't the case.

– Windsordave

You think YOU'VE got problems with inconsistent play? Apparently you haven't been watching the Predators-Stars series... The Preds have been quite schizophrenic in their play so far. Most fans aren't happy with their on again-off again performance lately, and if the Predators were expecting a cakewalk with Dallas, then they might just deserve to lose out and go home early.

Winnipeg seems to be far more consistent to me. But then again, you can't take ANY team for granted in the Central Division.

I am aware of all that...but, Zucc is a spark plug...makes any team better. Rangers could have kept him.

Our 8 years in Manhattan included a lot of Rangers games. I thought it was just Glen Sather who dumped all the players every couple years...Zucc was his signing.

– Twangmeisternyc

I know I'm a Devils fan but was sad and surprised to see Zuccarello leave the Rangers. He was fun to watch, has a ton of heart and the type of "sparkplug" I think you need on your team if in a rebuilding mode like the Rangers....especially with a great center like Zibanejad really dialing in his game.

Interesting playoffs so far. I am no surprised by the Islanders though who, when disciplined and focused, have one of the best defenses in the NHL. However.......I think playing that first series at the old Nassau Coliseum raised the fans emotions and helped the team. Now? They have to go back and play at the Barclays Center and this could be an issue. Also, losing the fast and 220+ lb. Boychuk for 4 weeks to a leg injury will certainly have an impact.

While we get a lot of the games here we don't get them all so haven't watched the Preds/Stars games, just see the highlights. I had this series as a toss up and it seems to be just that. The Preds don't seem to be the team of last year's playoffs with Dallas giving them all they can handle.

Calgary looked just ordinary against the Avalanche in heading for the golf course. The regular season and early in this round they looked strong but somewhere along the way lost their fighting spirit and ended up going through the motions. I fell sorry for Smith as he kept them in many games, facing an avalanche of shots - pun intended.

Haven't seen too much of the Caps/Canes games so don't know why Wash is having so much trouble. I want them to win so we aren't having to suffer through those pathetic antics of the Canes with home wins.

Tonight's tilt between the Leafs & the Bruins should be a real barn-burner.

While we get a lot of the games here we don't get them all so haven't watched the Preds/Stars games, just see the highlights. I had this series as a toss up and it seems to be just that. The Preds don't seem to be the team of last year's playoffs with Dallas giving them all they can handle.

Calgary looked just ordinary against the Avalanche in heading for the golf course. The regular season and early in this round they looked strong but somewhere along the way lost their fighting spirit and ended up going through the motions. I fell sorry for Smith as he kept them in many games, facing an avalanche of shots - pun intended.

Haven't seen too much of the Caps/Canes games so don't know why Wash is having so much trouble. I want them to win so we aren't having to suffer through those pathetic antics of the Canes with home wins.

Tonight's tilt between the Leafs & the Bruins should be a real barn-burner.

– Windsordave

Leafs and Bruins are at 3pm EST on Sunday. And yes, it will be a barn-burner.

Go Leafs Go!

Register Sign in to join the conversation