Miscellaneous Rumbles

New Music Room taking shape…

It's nice to be getting things put back together after a big ReLo, a long drive, and a lot of unpacking!

Awesome. I'm biulding one too. I've got one piano that works and one that is parts. Getting another next week. Free pianos. Yay. I've got Gretsch drum set, reed organ, pa and bass and guitar amps. Had one mini roundup in it so far. 30by30'. Two beds and a couch and chairs. Thinking about streaming on twitch from it with guest bands and doing live paintings.

I'm sorry, but you need WAY more guitars.

He has waaay more guitars. Be careful what you wish for. Just sayin'.

It looks loud.

The Super 400 had the freshest strings to test everything out...but, all the guitars need a re-string. I purchased new sets for each before leaving Charleston.

The Cable Guy who stopped by the other day was a Musician, as is his Father, and he gave me a good recommendation for a Guitar Shop. It's time for some of the herd to have another's eyes put on them. A few need a little bit of something.

My rig is a slightly modded and de-gained CVR, and a SS GainClone ChipAmp matched with a LR Baggs ParaDI box going through a Jensen C15N Extension Cabinet. Both are rated at 40 Watts.

The SS is the "dry", the CVR adds the "wet" with Reverb and Trem. I use a Balanced to UnBalanced cable to take the signal off the LR Baggs to the CVR low impedance input.

Of course, you can use either stand alone. One of the issues with many different amplifiable guitars is having flexibility.

It's not Heaven, but it does the job nicely. I will buy more Amps at some point...

In this space everything at the background noise level is diminished...wide open and cavernous 1st Floor along with 12 ft. ceilings.

The Cable Guy who stopped by the other day was a Musician, as is his Father, and he gave me a good recommendation for a Guitar Shop. -- TwangmeisterNYC

Which one was that?

He likes Bizarre Guitar...there are a few others that are more Luthier-oriented.

Which have you been using?

He likes Bizarre Guitar...there are a few others that are more Luthier-oriented.

Which have you been using?

– Twangmeisternyc

I like Bizarre Guitar for buying gear.

We should talk offline about guitar repairs, etc.

Register Sign in to join the conversation