Miscellaneous Rumbles

Mr. Perot

Blessing Mr. Perot, to you and your family.

Travel well in the next life. IN65

...!

Interesting guy! Seemed to be too honest, too down to earth to be President. I'll never forget his quip, "That sucking sound you hear will be all of the jobs going down to Mexico!" Asia, too, but his point came true.

He did a lot of good for Dallas. I had several friends that worked for EDS way back when. What a strict business culture. RIP

I knew about him when I was a little kid because the TV mini-series "On Wings of Eagles" was a big deal in my house. In case you don't know what it was about, it was the pretty insane story of how he put together a strike force composed of EDS executives to rescue two employees imprisoned in Iran right before the revolution. Lots of twists and turns, but ultimately successful. He's portrayed by Richard Crenna. The reason we all watched it was because, IIRC, one of the guys on the mission was a high school friend of my mom's. Anyway, when he ran for president some years later, I was surprised to learn that he was not, in fact, the Col. from Rambo.

RIP.

He threw the '92 election to Bill Clinton, just because the Clintons threatened his daughter.

I voted for him, I thought he had a lot of good ideas. God bless you Ross Perot, RIP Sir.

Love this quote from James Carville.

As James Carville, Mr. Clinton’s top strategist in 1992, put it in a documentary on Mr. Perot: “If Donald Trump is the kind of Jesus of the disenchanted, displaced non-college white voter, then Perot was the John the Baptist of that sort of movement.”

He threw the '92 election to Bill Clinton, just because the Clintons threatened his daughter.

– Billy Zoom

Actually he had announced his candidacy and later pulled back and said he had received threats that the Bush campaign was planning to release altered photos of his daughter to embarrass her wedding . He still ran. Exit polls showed he pulled 38% of Clinton voters and 38% of Bush voters so the common notion he was a spoiler for Clinton doesn’t stand up very well based on those polls

I prefer duo jets over any anniversary.

isn't this a political discussion?

It's a post to pay respects to a man who past a few days ago.

Blessings to you and your family Mr. Perot.

...------

Register Sign in to join the conversation