Gretsch Events

The 2015 Delta Crossroads Carpool/Caravan Thread

My *very preliminary * travel plans for the event are to arrive in Memphis early AM on Thursday, with a stop at Sun Studio and maybe lunch at Gus's. If anyone who wants to fly in Thursday and needs a lift down to the event, I'll linger as required - there is plenty to do and I'm pretty sure I won't get bored

Mrs. Fieldhdj and Dylan will be coming through on Friday, and she may be able to shuttle someone in too.

Just let us know your travel plans as soon as you know what they are.

what about the rest of your "crew", Doug ? just Deb and Dylan this year ?

Nope, Bryan is in, and you'll get to meet Dylan's girlfriend. Tomorrow I have lunch with JR and I'm going to work on him. Mark has a family commitment this year, but I won't rule him out either.

I'll be in Memphis Thursday, Sept. 3rd for lunch and a Sun Studio visit. If anyone is flying in that afternoon, I'll be happy to shuttle you down to Clarksdale.

GDP luminary (alumni?) Proteus is looking for someone to help him get some gear from the Indiana area to Delta Crossroads Roundup. He specifically asked for a Magic Bus, but I suspect he would be perfectly happy with a trailer or even a truck/van. If one of you folks are going to be passing by and out like to lend a hand, let me know. Thanks!

Best news I've heard in quite some time!

I believe the term is Illuminarius Aluminium. Maybe.

Just happy to hear that Tim will be there with all of you. The renowned tale of his trip down to the Crossroads is of epic proportions, meaning it's really long and very Protey-an.

Happy.

aww now I do wish I was able to go. haven't seen Tim for a couple of years. it'd be good to see him again.

GDP luminary (alumni?) Proteus is looking for someone to help him get some gear from the Indiana area to Delta Crossroads Roundup. He specifically asked for a Magic Bus, but I suspect he would be perfectly happy with a trailer or even a truck/van. If one of you folks are going to be passing by and out like to lend a hand, let me know. Thanks!

– fieldhdj

How much gear is Proteus bringing? Which brings up the question as to what everyone else is bringing. Assuming there is a backline, all you need is your Gretsch...right? Or maybe a second (or third) "other" guitar or your favorite amp(s). Hell I've got harps, steels, and keys too.

Tim asked me about the backline today, and I suspect he isn't going to bring a truckload of gear after all. I'm going to bring an amp or two and a few guitars, but that's it.

Steels and keys would all be cool, but don't tax yourself too hard.

I will have the Joshed up Blues Jr. and likely someone else's amp with me. A few mics, cables and stands, too, along with some guitars.

...and beer.

I will have the Joshed up Blues Jr. and likely someone else's amp with me. A few mics, cables and stands, too, along with some guitars.

...and beer.

– NJBob

Coalcracker beer? I hope so!

Anyone bringing an acoustic guitar besides me?

You bet! Dueling resonators!

I could bring the De Lisle.

Do we need more amps? I could probably figure something out.

Can someone get a list of things that we could bring? I'm all for lightening Tim's load. ( that doesn't sound right, does it? )

I expect to bring two amps, and possibly a bass amp. I could bring one more, if needed. I think Tim may need some help in the keyboard department and he did ask specifically about setting up in more than one location. I told him about the pavilion - but I don't know about electricity out there. Bands have set up on the porch - a bit crowded there, but workable. A small PA would be required, nothing too elaborate.

If I had to guess, I'd say me and Mr. Ray will carpool. It's great that Tim is in. If I had a Magic Bus, I'd help haul!

I have a Yamaha DGX-505 portable grand, if that will do for keys. Also a Bose L1 as a small PA. That and my guitars, amps and luggage will abou max out the car.

Debating about bringing my keys. RD700SX thru stereo power amp and two wedges.

Do we even need a pa there?

Not for the main stage (the Blues Chapel), but maybe if we want to set up outside.

Will we need mic's and stands and such?

Register Sign in to join the conversation