Miscellaneous Rumbles

Lord Stanley

The self-professed "center of the hockey universe" - Toronto - just went ballistic as the Leafs won in overtime. The crowd outside watching on the big screem let out a collective shriek they probably heard in Niagara Falls! They don't care it's only game 3 and the Leafs haven't won anything yet, but you have to realize these fans have been frustrated with this team since the mid '60's so I'll cut 'em a little slack to savor the moment.

Bad night in Beantown....Ottawa just won in OT. Nice goal, not a cheap one. Same in Toronto.....pretty goal.

Go Canada!

Great games, and if you have noticed the "rough and tumble" has gone up a notch.

Let's see how the Flames fare tonight, they just scored the first goal.

Go Canada!

Great games, and if you have noticed the "rough and tumble" has gone up a notch.

Let's see how the Flames fare tonight, they just scored the first goal.

– Twangmeisternyc

2 - 1 at the end of the 1st period.

What I'd really like to see at some point in this series, is someone catch that condescending boor Kesler with his head down and send him into dreamland for the rest of the game. Throughout his many years in Vancouver, even during the few years the Canucks were the team to beat, he always had a very put-upon, short, snotty attitude to all questions, even those that were good pointed questions from the hometown reporters....and he never did a radio interview even once.

That's why I'd like someone to give him an attitude adjustment, a beautiful open ice hit that puts his lights out briefly and Ferland has that headhunting attitude needed to do just that! That would wipe that smug look off his face in a hurry and lookin' over his shoulder the rest of the series.

I like Canada, a lot, and loved visiting Toronto with an ex girlfriend several years ago.

However, I do admit, I love when "no" Canadian team gets to the Cup. It makes me giggle.

It does look far-fetched, but I'm still hoping for a Columbus vs Nashville Cup. With this much time to go, to predict any team gets to the Cup is way premature.

...------

My ultimate Cup finalists aren't specific teams but rather I want to see the two finalists to both be from Canada! - Calgary or Edmonton from the west and Toronto, Montreal or Ottawa from the other side of the continent. NBC execs will have a collective heart attack if that comes to be as their ratings would plummet, with a large chunk of US viewers tuning out due to no American team to root for.

Edmonton vs Toronto would be the holy grail series for Canadians because the people of each city just despising the other. The rivalry hatred of those cities would be incredible.....getting close to the intensity we had here in Vancouver in 2010 during the Olympics. The anticipation for that gold medal game against the US was unbelievable. The entire country, every nook and cranny was tuned in for that game and boy did we celebrate the win!

I don't think anyone in Toronto could find Edmonton on a map.

I don't want to turn Americans off. Hockey is struggling enough.

Great group of games so far. Many OT wins.

Chicago and Minnesota down 3-0, but the Hawks are much more likely to come back than the Wild. Mike Yeo is laughing his head off.

It doesn't matter to non-hockey fans which teams play in the Finals. They don't watch any way. Bring on Toronto-Edmonton!

About this time, the players are feeling every sore on their bodies...

Games 3 and 4 are a transition.

Last night was about as rough as I can recall.

The Slashing, Roughing, and Cross-Checking Penalty Sections seem to drop out of the Rule Book.

The other observation is that a 3 Goal lead isn't enough.

Also the Elbowing and Kicking sections.

And now da 'Hawks gotta come to Smashville... watch out for flying catfish!

– Tartan Phantom

Gotta love the leg warmers!

I like watching what's in the leg warmers!

Well, last night Edmonton found out why San Jose made it to the finals last year and for at least one game, didn't have an answer. They reminded me of the Canucks - getting scored on at the 15 second mark and it was lights out for the rest of the game. The next game will show us if they have the intestinal fortitude to recover from a good 'ole fashion country $hit kickin' and return to the form they showed in the first games.

Not sure what's Chicago's issues are but they've got to get it together or line up tee times. They're the most mysterious situation of all the teams not playing up to their expectations.

I like watching what's in the leg warmers!

Well, last night Edmonton found out why San Jose made it to the finals last year and for at least one game, didn't have an answer. They reminded me of the Canucks - getting scored on at the 15 second mark and it was lights out for the rest of the game. The next game will show us if they have the intestinal fortitude to recover from a good 'ole fashion country $hit kickin' and return to the form they showed in the first games.

Not sure what's Chicago's issues are but they've got to get it together or line up tee times. They're the most mysterious situation of all the teams not playing up to their expectations.

– Windsordave

You certainly won't hear me crying about the Blackhawks' present dilemma.

1 Down, 14 to go...

And another 3 goal lead brought back to square!

'Hawks got swept! First time in NHL history that an 8-seed has swept a 1-seed team.

'Hawks got swept! First time in NHL history that an 8-seed has swept a 1-seed team.

– Tartan Phantom

"Who'd've thunk it Mr Dillon, who'd've thunk it??"

Makes me wish I'd have laid down a couple of thou in Vegas on Nashville beating Chicago, let alone sweeping them.

Predators still have a looooong way to go. Next opponent will be either St. Louis or Minnesota-- neither will be easy. It's all uphill. While St. Louis currently has the series edge, hopefully Minnesota will up their game and take the series to 6 or 7 games. It would really help the Preds in terms of rest. Of course, too much rest can work against you as well...

Still pulling for the Bruins as well, but Ottawa has been smokin' in that series and things do not look good for the B's. Also pulling for Edmonton, hoping they can squeeze out the Sharks.

The Habs/Rangers series has looked like classic original 6 hockey, with the exception of game 3, where the Rangers didn't even show up.

3 down, 12 to go!

When I visited Nashville a couple October's ago, the Preds blanked the Hawks with Neal having a hat trick. Great hometown game.

Now they do it in Playoff fashion, ...Good for Them!

Both Chicago and San Jose surprised me last night...

I'm still pulling for Nashville to go to the Cup.

...------

I have nothing against Ottawa, but I do wonder what the refs have against the Boston Bruins. This game should have been over twice now.

We'll see who pulls it out.

...------

I have nothing against Ottawa, but I do wonder what the refs have against the Boston Bruins. This game should have been over twice now.

We'll see who pulls it out.

...------

– indianation65

At least it was a nice clean goal, not a controversial one. The disallowed goal was the correct call. The Boston player ran into the goalie's feet while they were in the crease and prior to the puck going into the net which happened after the interference, making goalie interference the correct call which kills the play instantly. The puck going in the net was a secondary action and by another player so there's no controversy. If the goalie's feet had been clearly outside of his crease then the Bruins might have won the appeal.

Game 6 on Sunday in Boston should be one wild affair!! Soccer fans please tune in and see what a sport is suppose to be.

I would have preferred Ottawa get the win, but with the PP chances going for naught at the end of regulation play they set up their own demise. A team facing elimination on the road will find more gas to keep going.

I agree that the Ref/Situation Room calls were correct, there is enough chaos already so every goal needs to be clean.

I didn't like the Kadri play on Ovechkin, should have at least been a 10-minute added Misconduct.

I finally found the replay, and it took a lot of effort.

Nope, should have been a goal. I watched the post game, Roenick, who knows more than us, even stated that while Kuraly's momentum going for the puck, the goalie played up to block the shot, but #3, Methot pushed #52, and even though it was a slight check, it contorted Kuraly's body as he and the goalie touched. Should have been a goal, but no less. I'm not truly invested in this matchup. It's just fun to watch. Plus, Acciari scored it after the minuscule contact happened.

We know how it turned out anyway.

...------

I don't think anyone in Toronto could find Edmonton on a map.

I don't want to turn Americans off. Hockey is struggling enough.

– hammerhands

Ah, a little correction. Hockey is doing just fine. The teams in American cities that have little interest in supporting hockey that Bettman keepings throwing a life preserver to are the ones in trouble and the sooner they get re-located the better. In Arizona and Florida if it weren't for the Sunbirds - Canucks lining south now - they wouldn't have half the support they now have. One team needs to get to Quebec City ASAP.

Minnesota.........say goodnight Dick.

Register Sign in to join the conversation