Miscellaneous Rumbles

let the chips fall where they may

The ability to edit our posts is a wonderful thing. It allows us to correct our own goofiness or anger, which I certainly have done in the past. As Baxter has written in stone... Dont be a jerk.

Of course, nobody here could ever qualify for that. ;)

Just crackers.

All in fun. The whole thread. A few ruffled feathers hopefully smoothed over in the process but...all in fun. (Where's that wink emoji when you need it?)

you might be amazed by how often i'll type something out and then back out of the page before hitting "post" because i either don't want to be misconstrued or don't need to get drawn into something. this is more true other places i post that it is here, but also applies.

at this point i'm pretty well tired of humans. i prefer cats and dogs. they'll only break your heart if they run away or die.

I do not need forgiveness, not from any man or any god or from the devil, I will never kneel in front of any man or god and beg it much last actually ask for it. Forgiveness can not be granted by anything, we all die with our sins. -- Chrisbo

I am thankful, actually, for the concept of forgiveness. I wish that I asked for it more often than I do, but, with all of the human frailties that I carry around with me, I suppose that I am occasionally too stubborn. But, when I do, I feel so much better afterwards. And, in terms of the theological aspect of forgiveness, it would be a pretty bleak existence for me if I didn't think that there was Someone who also believed in forgiving me for when I err. I would hate to have passed through life without thinking that I had even a shot to make it to the other side.

you might be amazed by how often i'll type something out and then back out of the page before hitting "post" because i either don't want to be misconstrued or don't need to get drawn into something. this is more true other places i post that it is here, but also applies.

at this point i'm pretty well tired of humans. i prefer cats and dogs. they'll only break your heart if they run away or die.

– macphisto

Some of my best friends have had four legs and have turned up their toes.

To be honest, un-repentance was inherent in the title of this thread, it being my intention to retire gracefully from the forum but without conceding too much ground. However, I was heartened to experience a warmer reception than I expected from folks here and that prompted me to respond in kind. My sincerity is genuine. One of my many mistakes was to take on the role of peacemaker in a falling-out that I had had no part in and one I should have refrained from commenting on. Instead, when my deletes were mentioned, I regrettably responded with a rhyme that only poured petrol on the fire. Now both it and I are, hopefully, nothing but a fading memory.

I do not need forgiveness, not from any man or any god or from the devil, I will never kneel in front of any man or god and beg it much last actually ask for it. Forgiveness can not be granted by anything, we all die with our sins. -- Chrisbo

I am thankful, actually, for the concept of forgiveness. I wish that I asked for it more often than I do, but, with all of the human frailties that I carry around with me, I suppose that I am occasionally too stubborn. But, when I do, I feel so much better afterwards. And, in terms of the theological aspect of forgiveness, it would be a pretty bleak existence for me if I didn't think that there was Someone who also believed in forgiving me for when I err. I would hate to have passed through life without thinking that I had even a shot to make it to the other side.

– Ric12string

I completely agree with your post, Bob. I think that the one you were addressing has some issues with his manliness and just puts up a tough front (mostly for himself). He's not really fooling anyone. He may be compensating for some inner weakness that he's deathly afraid of anyone seeing. Living and locked in a sort of prison that he built himself. And, to be honest, I have no ill will against the guy. I just hope he'll unlock the cell door and walk out before he (and his loved ones) suffer any more.

Some of my best friends have had four legs and have turned up their toes.

To be honest, un-repentance was inherent in the title of this thread, it being my intention to retire gracefully from the forum but without conceding too much ground. However, I was heartened to experience a warmer reception than I expected from folks here and that prompted me to respond in kind. My sincerity is genuine. One of my many mistakes was to take on the role of peacemaker in a falling-out that I had had no part in and one I should have refrained from commenting on. Instead, when my deletes were mentioned, I regrettably responded with a rhyme that only poured petrol on the fire. Now both it and I are, hopefully, nothing but a fading memory.

– jeffed

Jeffed, we all make mistakes at one point or another in our lives, and many of us have certainly done so right here on the GDP. It is part of life. You try to make amends and then move on with a clean conscience and a happy heart.

I don't know you that well, but have enjoyed some of your posts that I remember seeing and I would be disappointed if you chose to ride off into the GDP sunset. It is too good a group of people on this site to walk away from. Stick around and continue to contribute and be a part of the positive energy that we all need.

And try to find your way to your closest Roundup where you will have a chance to get to know some of the GDP members in real life. That certainly adds an incredibly rich and multi-faceted perspective to the forum site.

EDIT: I just looked to see where you are from, Jeffed, and note that you are a resident of Melbourne. Doggone it, I don't think that there are any Roundups over there. Yet. I think that you probably know what is coming next -- Looks like you are going to have to be the guy who organizes the first Great Down Under Roundup. I can't believe that there hasn't been one down there already!

Thanks for your encouragement, Ric (Bob, is it?). I may stop by from time to time.

Great Down Under Roundup. Interesting idea. There are other Aussie GDPers more qualified than I to consider organising it though. So that's my for-now parting comment to fellow Aussies here:

Any takers?

"Now both it and I are, hopefully, nothing but a fading memory..."

My sincere hope would be that you are really only half right, in that while our collective memory of what I will call "the incident" fades away to nothingness, you yourself stay happily vibrant and present on these pages.

Now, what were we talking about.....?

I am unaware of any incident. Do stay.

Thanks for your encouragement, Ric (Bob, is it?). I may stop by from time to time.

Great Down Under Roundup. Interesting idea. There are other Aussie GDPers more qualified than I to consider organising it though. So that's my for-now parting comment to fellow Aussies here:

Any takers?

– jeffed

No qualifications are necessary or required to organize a Roundup, Jeffed. I know that Australia is a large country, much like the United States. So, wherever the Roundup is organized, it should probably be where there is a reasonable number of other GDPers to attend. Are there many GDPers from the general Sydney area or within four to five hours (or more) driving time from the city?

I will assure you that the greatest part of any Roundup is the chance to meet other GDPers whose postings you have only read before. Having the chance to get to know them offline is pretty great. Lifelong friendships will develop. Having the chance to ogle each other's guitars, and to play music, is just the icing on the cake.

Link

Makes sense to coincide with this yearly event. Prospective organiser contacted, Bob.

Register Sign in to join the conversation