Miscellaneous Rumbles

Laugh at your age

When I die, I will still be a teen boy mentally. I gave up growing up years ago. Live for the moment! Hu rah!

You have to grow older, but, you don't have to grow up.

Growing old has it's problems and issues, but, it's certainly better than the alternative.

As Warren Zevon taught us, "Enjoy every sandwich."

Totally understand. I was thin and pretty healthy before I turned 40. I quit smoking and had back surgery at the same time. Being a bit mobile from the pain and the combination of quitting the smoking habit widened me, a bit. I have never recovered. I should really get to work on it, before it's too late. I have been doing some Isometrics and Tai Chi but my theory is if we were all to stay as flexible when we were young, we wouldn't get hurt as easily when we fall or bump. I have been considering Yoga. I too was 6 ft tall and 175 when I graduated. Now I'm 210 lbs and a 36" waist. I hate the way i feel for it.

Super Dave, yoga! Women bending over around you. Win win. Yes I'm a pig.

Here's what makes me laugh at my age. As an attorney, I now represent young miscreants who weren't even born when I was a young miscreant breaking laws. I've been a GDP member longer than some of my clients have been alive. Before long, I'll be representing my daughter's peers, which will be even weirder.

The older I got, I realized that many fall into the trap of thinking themselves their actual age, which by most accounts slows you down and starts your slide. In 28 days, I'm 70. I still wear a 36 pant and have for about 30 yrs. When I start to feel old, I think of the alternative and I get an extra charge out of the old battery.

The older I got, I realized that many fall into the trap of thinking themselves their actual age, which by most accounts slows you down and starts your slide. In 28 days, I'm 70. I still wear a 36 pant and have for about 30 yrs. When I start to feel old, I think of the alternative and I get an extra charge out of the old battery.

– Parralax View

Nice! And as a fellow GDPer would say: "...wisdom". Or something like that!

Register Sign in to join the conversation