Miscellaneous Rumbles

Lake Havasu Rockabilly Revival

Any of our Gretsch gang going to the Lake Havasu Rockabilly Revival on February 14th to the 16th? The wife and myself along with other friends are riding our Harleys there for the weekend. Would be nice to meet up with some forum friends!

Any of our Gretsch gang going to the Lake Havasu Rockabilly Revival on February 14th to the 16th? The wife and myself along with other friends are riding our Harleys there for the weekend. Would be nice to meet up with some forum friends!

– GreTschocaster

If Ya feel like a cold brew and something to eat, stop by the College St. Brewhouse, 1940 College Drive. John Hughes is the owner, if he happens to be there tell him I said "hi" Hell of a nice guy! You can check out the place online.

I'll be on stage Saturday at 11am. Please come say hello.

LarryR We will be watching. I will be the old guy in the black Gretsch "That Great Gretsch Sound" T-shirt. I will come say Hi!

Good deal. See you in a few weeks!

Looking forward to attending this annual music fest. Be sure to stop by the Gretsch Guitar exhibit and say hi as I'll be there all three days.

GreTschocsaster, let's try to rendezvous at the Gretsch Booth with Joe after my set. That would be fun.

I could use a get away like that! Havent been to Lake Havasu since 1990. Ride safe

ps. bummer story alert: My mother in law lived along the Parker Strip headed that way and we'd spend long weekends driving my wife's 67' volkswagen out there. Unfortunately in '90 she was killed in a head on collision outside of Coachella on the 10. Some lady that worked for the police dept fell asleep on the freeway and drifted across the soft divide. Killed her mom, her step dad, and 2yr old baby brother. There is now a cement divider on that part of the freeway.

But.. ya! Have a nice time

Morning Tavo, that is a very tough memory . My condolences to you and your wife for having to struggle with that loss.

Nocturnal Drifters hanging out with GreTschocaster and Joe Carducci after our set today at Rockabilly Reunion in Lake Havasu. It was great to meet you Dave and great to see you as well Joe. This was a fun day.

Two fine Italian gentlemen talking it up.

What a great event! This will have to be an annual trip for myself and Sandra. Larry and the rest of the Nocturnal Drifters really tore it up! What a great set, and to my wife's delight there were a few Imelda May songs. I recommend you check them out if they are in your area. After their set I met met Larry and his band back at the Gretsch booth. It was awesome to meet Larry. I find meeting a forum member and Gretsch enthusiast most rewarding. I had met up with Joe earlier, what an amazing guy! He always has some great stories. Here is a picture of Larry and his band on stage.

Register Sign in to join the conversation