Miscellaneous Rumbles

Knee Brace

I know it's not so cool to go into personal health situations but after a hard fall from a good way up last fall I have been undergoing surgeries on parts of my body, my right knee is next om the table and I'm supposed to wear this brace until the operation.

I have been wearing it but my knee still hurts.

Stay away from the airport.........

I wouldn't try sporting that look going through security at the airport......it would make for a long, irritating day!

Should help to lose weight. Was that what they were going for?

You make me laugh Slim. .

Thanks.

That's my job.

I'm no stranger to injuries and medical problems and such. I hope you're doing better.

Two medial meniscus tears, just tore the lateral. Doc told me my end game is a TKR. Sucks.

Two medial meniscus tears, just tore the lateral. Doc told me my end game is a TKR. Sucks.

– Powdog

Yeah, sucks, but the people I know that have had TKR have had pretty quick recoveries and much improvement in ADL.

That's a unique take on the mask requirement.

“Mental”meniscus tears are difficult to treat. Be diligent with your brace!

I had a medial menisectomy forty years ago on my right knee. It was a large 70% tear, and was the result of an injury while partisipating in rappelling training while I was in the Army. I did pretty well with it over the past forty years, but now I've finally worn it out and need a knee replacement. Joy.

So I feel the pain of you gentlemen who are experiencing knee problems. It's a major joint that I can't find a way to do without.

“Mental” meniscus tears are difficult to treat.

Well, I guess so! Are you saying it's all in your head?

You'd need a psychiatrist, not an orthopedist.

I had meniscus surgery a few years back. Very easy recovery. Doctor said that arthritis is showing in my knees. My knees suck so does getting old but I guess better than the alternative.

Sounds like you're in for worse. Brace yourself there, Chrisbo.

So, it takes a bot to find these old posts?

– Curt Wilson

I don't get it either...

My guess is that the selection of topics to which to post is driven by an algorithm, devised by a human, who reasons that a very old post suddenly appearing in rotation will attract more attention than just another post to a currently active one - ie, that the readership will be more curious about the sudden reanimation of a zombie thread than about what the next guy has to say about a current one.

– Curt Wilson

Wish we had the bot for good use. Or maybe Bax is messing with us - a sinister multi year plan.

It sucks to have your knee ready for surgery. I would never do it. I had a friend who described the pain and discomfort after the surgery. Lol! I wouldn't laugh much with a knee sprain. I had one once and despite being told that it would go always fast by its own it was the exact opposite. Now I'm stuck with a knee that is extremely painful with every weather change and with the walking I have to do at my work it's living hell. I just had to find some creams that could help me as well as a knee brace support by https://remaininthegame.ca/... that seems to be working for now. Next month I will be having an MRI and we will discuss the possibility of a surgery and the recovery process.

Might be good for snorkeling...

– Powdog

All the discussion about bots . . . Powdog, were you just looking for a topic relevant to your intended post, and this one turned up in the results? That's how I pulled up an ancient one recently.

Register Sign in to join the conversation