Miscellaneous Rumbles

Kemper Amp Anyone ???

I'm rebuilding my rig & thinking on this unit ?

Any one using this ?

Advice Please :)

Anyone I know in touring bands swears by them. I think they’re great for studio work as well, but then, in a studio, why not geek out on whatever. On tour, they’re probably unmatched in terms of reliability and they’re certainly convincing when you’re playing through a big PA.

Anyone I know in touring bands swears by them. I think they’re great for studio work as well, but then, in a studio, why not geek out on whatever. On tour, they’re probably unmatched in terms of reliability and they’re certainly convincing when you’re playing through a big PA.

– Nick45

I’ve started my research, i’m hearing good things :)

Bringing this thread back to life, since I just bought one. Deciding on what monitors to use at home. JBL MKII series?

Love the Yamaha HS8 monitors and matching sub.

A question Bluecap, what's your setup here? Is that the amplified Kemper straight into monitors, or is there some other contraptions in between? thanks...

Oh, and AWESOME guitar, of course!

The guitar is, of course, exceptionally killer. It inspires at least two, maybe three mortal sins - all on a Sunday morning!

My KPA is usually part of a ridiculously convoluted signal chain monitored by JBL Series 3 (or headphones) at home.

For live performance purposes, in lieu of expensive Flat Response Full Range powered speakers (or separate amp and speakers), I’ve had good luck running into the effects return of a combo amp. That bypasses the tone-shaping pre-amp to connect direct to the more transparent power amp.

I realize the power sections of amps differ in character and behavior, and this - along with speaker choice and cab construction - colors the tone of the Kemper profiles. But for practical purposes, the character of the profiles are still clearly audible, with the expected difference from one to another. Perhaps not clinically pure enough for cork-sniff purposes, but way good enough for rock&roll (and its sundry bastard derivatives).

I’m not Bluecap, but in the studioffice, the outputs of the Kemper go through my recording interface/preamp, then into the computer.

Mine sits atop a Tech21 Power Engine Deuce Deluxe...a powered speaker cabinet that I like very, very much. It has all but replaced a Fender DRRI, a Genz Benz Black Pearl-112, and a Quilter Micro-pro 8. In fact, I am thinking about getting a second Tech21 so I can go "stereo".

When I first got it, I went into the effects return loop of the Quilter...I've also used it with some Genlec 8010a monitors...and I can go direct to the recording console via a Scarlett interface monitored through AKD K702 cans.

The Kemper is pretty much everything I could have ever hoped to want in an "amp" times 100.

Register Sign in to join the conversation