Miscellaneous Rumbles

Just when you think you’ve seen it all… worst repair ever?

Ugh. Who thought this was a good idea?

Who needs them fancy frets way up high like that?

You got to give him credit for counter sinking the bolt head.

Any pics of the whole instrument? (he asked, not really sure that a positive answer is truly what he wants)

Any pics of the whole instrument? (he asked, not really sure that a positive answer is truly what he wants)

– Kevin Frye

Sadly, or not, I don't have any more. I just spied it on Instagram earlier and was damn near speechless so I had to share.

obviously took his inspiration from genius leo f's bolt on necks!!! haha

only chose the opposite side!! an original thinker!

at least it ain't a gretsch!!!..this time

curt!!!!!

cheers

Who needs them fancy frets way up high like that?

– Hipbone

What you mean bro....dem bolts is da frets!!

– Kevin Frye

Any pics of the whole person who did this?

Reminds me of an old high school cheer that's truly embarrassing that I remember this. READY OK!

NUTS AND BOLTS NUTS AND BOLTS BOY DID WE GET SCREWED

Just for the record I am sorry

Ugh. Who thought this was a good idea?

– Bonedaddy

Remember this one? (What ever happened to Dignin?)

Remember this one? (What ever happened to Dignin?)

– Bryan K.

Oh yes. Oh the humanity!

Humans is dumb. (but we knew that already).

I'm waiting for Curt's commentary.

Obviously the yellow one is the back of the one with the bolts on front. It all lines up. Just enough extra mass to enhance sustain, and any competent rocker could make a career of laying down powerhouse riddm on that guitar, no frou-frou worries about having His Precious damaged during steamy beery sweaty slamming bar gigs.

I completely approve.

Poor attempts at steampunk?

– wabash slim

Actually, it's "Boilerpunk", an existential off-shoot of steampunk that is about reducing the movement to its basics and seeking 'the source of the steam'. Less concerned with steampunk's brass frippery and plentiful top hats, boilerpunk gets right to the basic structures of things and examines and explores what binds them together.

Either that or it's a couple of azzhats with more tools than brains.

"Well, it worked at the time."

I don’t know. Taylor sells brand new guitars that look like that.

I don’t know. Taylor sells brand new guitars that look like that.

– Powdog

Seriously????? Taylor actually does this ON PURPOSE????

I'd love to get more information (model, etc.) just to see how they spin this stuff.

I give the guy credit for bolting it together from the front. That's an innovation that wouldn't occur to most luthiers. My only criticism is that he could have used more bolts.

Uh... Uh... Uh.... Wait a minute, don't these lovely specimens Make Amateurs Great Again?

I don't see a problem...You should still be able to play all four chords.

Register Sign in to join the conversation