Miscellaneous Rumbles

Jerry Lee Lewis On TJ Hooker

So on one of the channels that show old TV shows, maybe METV but I am not certain, plays TJ Hooker which was on during the 80s. Well I was watching and who appears to my surprise? Jerry Lee Lewis and he was playing himself, not playing a fictional musician. Was pretty cool. Any of you see this episode? I probably saw this back during my high school years when it first ran since I watched the show back then but I forgot all about Jerry Lee on it.

Here it is if you are curious -

Thanks for posting this. Anytime something by The Killer slides on to my computer screen, it's a good day!

There’s also an episode where the Beach Boys make an appearance, also playing themselves. (Episode is called..”Blind Justice”, Jerry Lee Lewis episode is called “Deadly Ambition”, both from 1982)

My best memories of Jerry Lee were on American Bandstand!

We could never get into TJ Hooker. Capt. Kirk in the wrong uniform never did it for us. We tried.

Then again, Fred and Barney and even Wilma and Betty smoking in the Flintstones seemed perfectly normal back then.

Ah, the days of Kukla Fran and Ollie and Super Circus. Back when ya'd turn on the TV and see the test pattern. First it would have an extended beep while the pattern got sorta round, then the music would start and ya knew cartoons would be on soon! Within the hour!

My best memories of Jerry Lee were on American Bandstand!

We could never get into TJ Hooker. Capt. Kirk in the wrong uniform never did it for us. We tried.

Then again, Fred and Barney and even Wilma and Betty smoking in the Flintstones seemed perfectly normal back then.

Ah, the days of Kukla Fran and Ollie and Super Circus. Back when ya'd turn on the TV and see the test pattern. First it would have an extended beep while the pattern got sorta round, then the music would start and ya knew cartoons would be on soon! Within the hour!

– F107plus5

"I dunno, man. Somepin' about Indians...."

Sunday night on sky arts tv in uk watched a 2 hour special Willie Nelson and Friends: Outlaws and Angels. including Bob Dylan, Carol King, Al Green ,plus many other greats final guest was Jerry Lee Lewis who really rocked whole lotta shakin going on, with various virtuoso solos from backing musicians including Keith Richards from Rolling Stones What a fantastic show of live music from talented musicians from past and present eras. Willie joined in with all of them.

Heather Locklear is HOT!

– Suprdave

I second that emotion!

"I dunno, man. Somepin' about Indians...."

– DaveH

Damn, am I a shallow individual or what?

What did I think about when you mentioned Indians?

Yup; Princess Summerfall Winerspring and Chief Thunderthud!

Then Tonto, the tribe in Disney's Peter Pan, and finally the lighted hood ornament on my first car, Starchief, Pontiac!

......with a special mention out to Mehatma Gandhi and Satyendra Nath Bose.

I'm pretty sure that statement was a bit tongue in cheek. The old test patterns looked like this...

Cool test pattern! Thanx for posting it!

I don't recall that exact one while growing up, but a quick google shows that much of the rest of the World sure did!

Did lotsa googling on early TV and was again amazed at all the stuff required to get our fav programs out to our rabbit ears. Lotsa fun remembering all the shows from the late 40s and early 50s too.

Now we can put all that mechanical stuff right there inside our cell phones handily hiding in our pocket or purse.

....what's next, cochlear implants, retinal readouts and a brain scan transmitter?

I wonder.

I'm pretty sure that statement was a bit tongue in cheek. The old test patterns looked like this...

– Suprdave

I definitely remember the Indian test pattern! I also remember TV stations signing on and signing off with the Nation Anthem. The test pattern was broadcast during the station down time. I was born in 1960, and the B&W Indian test pattern was on the TV between 12 midnight and 7am.

My mom watched the Jack LaLanne show every weekday morning at 7:00, and do calisthenics with Jack. Afterwards she would tune in Cpt. Kangaroo for my sister and I. Saturday morning was a four hour long block of cartoons starting at 6am. We had to keep the volume very low until Dad and Mom got up, or suffer the consequences!

Those were simpler times, we only had three television stations, ABC, NBC, and CBS. UHF offered national and local public television stations, that used the wire loop in between the rabbit ears for an antenna. That's where you tuned in for Sesame Street, The Electric Company, Ultra Man, Speed Racer, and Jonny Sokko and his Flying Robot!

I remember when they showed the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds flying through the skies while the National Anthem was being played.

Register Sign in to join the conversation