Miscellaneous Rumbles

Jamkazam

Has anyone else been trying Jamkazam? I've got it working pretty well. I was jamming with a drummer in Germany, a bass player in Canada and a singer in Seattle. I'm in Reno. We didn't have enough latency to be a bother. It's an impressive system.

I signed up for it but haven't jammed with anyone yet. It keeps giving me messages that my I/O and my latency are "fair to poor", and I haven't fooled around with it enough beyond that.

I guess if it's free, it's worth a try but everyone would have to have their own gear for video/audio and apparently a really good feed for your DSL.

I heard a friend used it on Wi-Fi with no problems, I finally quit procrastinating and ran my desktop (where my DAW runs) on a hard data line and now my connectivity is great, it's telling me my MBox is not. LOL - still need to tweak though.

It's free. At least for now. The sudden increase in users corresponds with the "lockdown." That's understandable. Everyone wants to jam or practice with their band but nobody wants to spread a virus to their cancer-survivor friend.

The details of ASIO are still a little unclear to me but I managed to get my Tascam US-1200 working. It's not on their list of tested devices but it seems to work okay. I started out by plugging a DAW into the mic input on my PC. It worked but there was noticeable latency. It was more noticeable by the other players but we still managed to get some playing in. I switched to the USB interface and got my hardware latency down to around 11ms. The Behringer U-Phoria is around $45 if you can find one. It seems to be the preferred low budget option.

If you use Jamkazam, perhaps you could share your username on this thread so we can get together? Mine is Jon Loder.

I heard a friend used it on Wi-Fi with no problems, I finally quit procrastinating and ran my desktop (where my DAW runs) on a hard data line and now my connectivity is great, it's telling me my MBox is not. LOL - still need to tweak though.

– Devil's Tool

In theory, WiFi should work just fine. Since low-latency means no buffering, all it takes is one small glitch in the data stream between your router and computer and you're out of sync.

Thanks for sharing this useful post here as I have been searching for the online essay writing services and I landed here. That's really good to read posts like this and I hope you will keep posting these type of posts in the future also.

Has anyone else been trying Jamkazam? I've got it working pretty well. I was jamming with a drummer in Germany, a bass player in Canada and a singer in Seattle. I'm in Reno. We didn't have enough latency to be a bother. It's an impressive system.

– Jehu

You might enjoy this. Local Reno band, debuted at OffBeat 2019. Hopefully will be at OffBeat 2021!

Register Sign in to join the conversation