Miscellaneous Rumbles

It’s the eleventh day of the eleventh month in the USA.

And on the eleventh hour? At least in CST

And on the eleventh hour? At least in CST

– Suprdave

Yup, I remember the eleventh hour being celebrated right up until I was about 10 years old!

Then Ike reminded us that we needed to remember him and all his best buds, for their contributions too!

Then participants in Korea, and Nam and Panama and all the rest!

Thanx! Guys and Gals!

EDIT: Posts 9 & 10 mention remembrance day. I remember one month before today when our County had 706 corona cases and 7 deaths. Today, one month later, after an orange mask-less super spreader event at our regional airport, we have 1418 cases and 15 deaths.

EDIT EDIT: F'n POS SOB Bone spurs who called many of us here Losers and Suckers for serving our nation in the Military, a day later our county virus level is now 1558 and 15. "Lock him up".

My Grandfather in the World War, 1918.

Memorial Day is for those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Veteran's Day is for all who served. It was originally called Armistice Day, due to the end of "The War To End All Wars". History has proved that appellation pointless. Mankind will never learn, it seems.

I find it most difficult to answer the platitude, "Thank you for your service." The best I could say is, "It was my honor."

Thanks to all of the brave men and women who have served our wonderful country. Whenever someone thanks my son for his service, he always responds promptly with "Thank you for your support". It means a lot to those guys and gals to be recognized and supported for their service and sacrifice.

Thanks to the veterans who frequent these pages. May you be blessed for your service.

Alaska Army National Guard, gunner on a 106!

Remembrance Day or Armistice Day down here in Oz.

No celebrations at our Shrine of Remembrance, and only 10 members allowed at the RSL due to COVID restrictions, but I always stop for a minutes silence at 1100.

Register Sign in to join the conversation