Miscellaneous Rumbles

It’s official!

That's awesome! Congratulations and wishes of a lifetime of happiness for you all from Joyce and me.

I am so happy for you. What a beautiful family picture. Seeing this thread makes my day.

Way to go John and Enid! You are wonderful folks. May your family be blessed.

Congratulations all round!

Excellent news. All good wishes for the whole family.

Hooray and congrats to all !

(And I have to confess, I did NOT recognize UG with that beard!)

Yeah, the beard. I promised my friends daughters that they could dye my beard pink for Grumpfest 2018 in honor of the adoption. I can't shave until then. It's growing on me.

Congratulations, John and Enid and Olivia! What a great day. What a great day. I'm so happy for you all.

Paul/FF909

Two years and nine months in the making. Today was truly a remarkable day. I can't tell you all how much the support we recieved from all of you meant to us. From the bottom of our hearts THANK YOU!

Tremendous news! Do you feel like an enormous weight has been lifted off your body? Like you can breathe in a little deeper than you could yesterday? Like all the light bulbs in your house just got replaced with the next brighter wattage? It’s hard to explain how adoption day felt to people who never knew that uncertainty. I wish you all the joys that family can bring. Thanks for sharing your journey.

It took a few hours for reality to settle in. I had to go outside and allow a tsunami of emotions to wash over me and carry me away. Now I'm basking in the warm sun of happiness that comes after the storm. Colors are brighter, air is fresher and every bulb has a warm glow that reaches deep and soothes my very being. I want every day to be like this.

Good things to good folks. Congrats

Congratulations, and best wishes for happiness and wonderful memories ahead for the whole family!

It took a few hours for reality to settle in. I had to go outside and allow a tsunami of emotions to wash over me and carry me away. Now I'm basking in the warm sun of happiness that comes after the storm. Colors are brighter, air is fresher and every bulb has a warm glow that reaches deep and soothes my very being. I want every day to be like this.

– UncleGrumpy

… as though you have finally upgraded from that cheap harsh solid state life you started out with, to a proper hand wired tube life, rich with warm, even ordered harmonics, and just the right amount of overdrive when pushed.

John, Enid, I'm so thrilled your magnificent journey can begin in earnest, finally. Now, show everyone that beautiful baby photo of Olivia soon after she arrived I "imagined" you have. So so so happy for you sweet folks. All my lovin, Olivia Anne

Congrats! This is a beautiful story! So cool!

This is great. Worth the watery eyes I get. Much love from Holland!

Excellent news, congratulations to all. Thank you for sharing the pictures!

Olivia is adopted. First legal pic!

– munman

UG's going for the Ringo vibe.

Register Sign in to join the conversation