Miscellaneous Rumbles

ISS closes

Well after over 30 years, my pals Dave and Joe are closing Invisible Sound Studios in Baltimore. Just what you expect -- The Effects of The Modern World causing this-- fewer people using a recording studio, and music trends in general.

They have over 100 vintage amps and even more cool old microphones going up for sale. No guitars I am aware of, but some cool old keyboards, tho and big stash of drums. 1st pass is just former customers and friends going in when it starts in a few weeks. I got my eye on a Magnatone 213 I sold them over 20 years ago., There's no list of gear/prices that I know of. It's possible leftover items will be sold online but not sure.

Bittersweet news. Sad that the business is shutting down, but cool upcoming sale of some great gear. Hope it all works out for them.

Good lord. I thought you meant the International Space Station, not a studio I’ve never heard of.

Don’t scare us like that.

Dang didn't mean to scare all you Outer Space Dudes -- still sad to see another long standing studio have to close.

Good lord. I thought you meant the International Space Station, not a studio I’ve never heard of.

Don’t scare us like that.

– Proteus

Scared me too......after all the inspection I did on many small pieces for it over the years.

'cause man...us Outer Space Dudes is sensitive about our delicate little proto-embassy to the beyond.

For perspective, I often watch Earth from its cameras, and marvel at the unimagined future I live in.

I didn't know they recorded music on the ISS, we live in an amazing world! . Shipping on the equipment will be murderously expensive!........ I digress, it is definitely sad to hear about the closure of yet another recording studio. So many Mac books are in the hands of the home studio, loaded with Pro Tools.

Register Sign in to join the conversation