Miscellaneous Rumbles

Is it hard to learn the accordion?

How come bag pipers are always marching... They are trying to get away from the horrible sound they are making!!!

Love this so much.

– Deed Eddy

Flaco!!!! I was first aware of him because of Dwight Yokum redoing streets of Bakersfield w Buck and Flaco was featured.

btw.. dont cross an accordion playin' woman who was MVP Varsity every year in high school!Can you believe I picked her up for our first date in college (working out at the gym) on the football field at LLU. She was quarterback for the girls flag football intramurals her freshman yr. and I was kinda shocked that she literally climbed into my volkswagen bug straight from the field. Then she yelled at me when we were at the gym as I was "instructing" her on how to breathe right on the Abs machine. She kept inhaling as she crunched, and I was "you need to exhale, on exertion".. She looked me in the eye and goes " I AM BREATHING RIGHT" That too caught me off guard because we'd first danced at a party the weekend prior to this date and she seemed so lady like, haha. I was hooked and we've been together everyday since that Oct '85 date. (if I told this story already, I dont apologize. I LOVE this girl!)

There's a lot of accordeon-heavy music I really like. Diatonic accordeons are not all that hard to learn - compares to diationic harmonica.

Flaco!!!! I was first aware of him because of Dwight Yokum redoing streets of Bakersfield w Buck and Flaco was featured.

btw.. dont cross an accordion playin' woman who was MVP Varsity every year in high school!Can you believe I picked her up for our first date in college (working out at the gym) on the football field at LLU. She was quarterback for the girls flag football intramurals her freshman yr. and I was kinda shocked that she literally climbed into my volkswagen bug straight from the field. Then she yelled at me when we were at the gym as I was "instructing" her on how to breathe right on the Abs machine. She kept inhaling as she crunched, and I was "you need to exhale, on exertion".. She looked me in the eye and goes " I AM BREATHING RIGHT" That too caught me off guard because we'd first danced at a party the weekend prior to this date and she seemed so lady like, haha. I was hooked and we've been together everyday since that Oct '85 date. (if I told this story already, I dont apologize. I LOVE this girl!)

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

You hit the jackpot with her, TV. Get on your knees every day and express gratitude.

One of These is alot easier to hide than an Accordian, in case your buddies come over your house.

Yup a Melodica.

Dave, at least accordionists only show up one at a time. With pipers, they often come in a group, and they bring drummers.

Don't forget---the accordion is he #1 instrument in North Korea.

– wabash slim

Unfortunately, so true! I swear, outside the British Isles, Canada is the worst place on earth - thankfully Korea is far enough away I can't hear them - for having to put up with the squawking (not skirling) - these noise-makers!! It seems there can't be any government function free from this tortuous screeching along with opening ceremonies for sports events, most notably hockey. They put around 100 on the ice for the Leaf's opening game!! On Remembrance Day I can't watch a Canadian news broadcast as they show ceremonies rife with this offense to the ears.

I wouldn't mine a 'band' of accordions instead, as long as they don't include Lady of Spain in their repertoire. Every year there's a famous accordion festival in Vancouver and the performers are outstanding. Nothing not to like from these players who come from far and wide.

Love this so much.

– Deed Eddy

Great stuff Deed, thanks! One of the aspects of accordion music and the players is that it's similar to fingerstyle in that it's its own accompaniment. Doesn't always require drums and bass.

In keeping with the Make Accordions Great Again theme, it would not be complete without mention of these guys....Link

One of These is alot easier to hide than an Accordian, in case your buddies come over your house.

Yup a Melodica.

– LA_Manny

One of the most ridiculous ideas for an instrument ever.

Accordion put to good use in this video.

That vid--disturbing!

K

HA HA HA--there are so many jokes here that it is making me want to just go buy one (disturbingly).

K

Meanwhile, I checked out accordion prices...

HOLY MOLY--and I thought guitars were expensive!

K

K

– Konrad

If it'll make you feel better, check out prices on brass or woodwinds. They make accordions and guitars look downright affordable.

Accordion to some experts, it's not that hard to learn play that instrument.

K

– Konrad

Ive been hitting up alot of Estate Sales lately, walked by many many accordians with very cheap price tags on them.

Everyone else walks by them as well. The Cases they come in are much more appealing than the actual contraption.

If it'll make you feel better, check out prices on brass or woodwinds. They make accordions and guitars look downright affordable.

– wabash slim

Years ago at the Legion's monthly jam session, I played with a fellow with a very nice violin he was using for bluegrass. I'd heard that he was quite wealthy and one night I asked him what the violin was worth. He'd paid $100K for it but what really got me was what he paid for the bow......$20K. He had the money and enjoyed the best of anything he bought so why not spend that coin on his instrument. And BTW, he could sure play the ass off that violin!!

I don't know why but I love the accordion. Particularly in tango, but i am open to a little polka and even some upbeat tejano now and then.

Register Sign in to join the conversation