Miscellaneous Rumbles

In pigeon forge tn anyone wanna play?

Hanging out here for a few days... anyone wanna play by the campfire?

There's gotta be a picker or two in Tennessee.

Heard smokies in gailinburg has open stage

Didnt hear any great music there, but did see one hellva horse show at dollys stampede. Best was a young lady riding two horses standing up! How she says on is beyond me, her feet were barely on the sadles. She steered them with long whips. I guess i looked in the wrong places for music. Had quite the negitive experiance at a mountain dulcimer makers shop....harder salesman than a timeshare and a used car saleman combinded, they wanted to sell cds for five string banjo lessons....ugh. Wont be going back to piegon forge ever again!

Didnt hear any great music there, but did see one hellva horse show at dollys stampede. Best was a young lady riding two horses standing up! How she says on is beyond me, her feet were barely on the sadles. She steered them with long whips. I guess i looked in the wrong places for music. Had quite the negitive experiance at a mountain dulcimer makers shop....harder salesman than a timeshare and a used car saleman combinded, they wanted to sell cds for five string banjo lessons....ugh. Wont be going back to piegon forge ever again!

– munman

Not sure what you were expecting? Pigeon Forge is basically like Myrtle Beach, SC situated in the Mountains. It's a tourist town replete with shops full of trinkets, t-shirts and saltwater taffy; mini-golf and go-cart tracks, etc. Dollywood is a pretty decent amusement park though, which is why a lot of families go there.

Neither Pigeon Forge nor Gatlinburg have ever been considered as musical Meccas.

Gatlinburg once with the family in the 60s. Never. Again. That gave me Pig Forge’s number.

Never doing Branson either, slick music shows notwithstanding. I’m sure it’s slick. I’m just not sure it’s music. Even if so, not worth the tourist town misery.

Gatlinburg once with the family in the 60s. Never. Again. That gave me Pig Forge’s number.

Never doing Branson either, slick music shows notwithstanding. I’m sure it’s slick. I’m just not sure it’s music. Even if so, not worth the tourist town misery.

– Proteus

Yeah, Pigeon Forge is essentially the spillover from Gatlinburg, when G-burg basically ran out of room in the late 1970's. Prior to 1975, Pigeon Forge was just two lanes headed into Gatlinburg.

i thought there would be a bit more country or bluegrass music mixed into the tourist stuff, mary bought moonsine and we did some easy walking in the hills. very nice in the federal park. i did expect the tourist stuff. dolly is very good to her people. her book program for the locals is extensive and amazing. nashville was more fun musical. the guitar store in seveierville has a giant billboard out on the road with a white falcon acoustic on it!

Register Sign in to join the conversation