Miscellaneous Rumbles

if you FB, you’re welcome to join #gretschmafia

Good grief. Are you folks suspecting Tavo of nefarious behavior because he made a fun page on Facebook and invited y’all to join? What am I missing?

Well it is the Mafia

Well I am a boomer as well. But my thoughts are that until Tim ,Rocky or Tavo disclose that he had prior knowledge of the switch coming up here on GDP, the discomfort is being based on assumptions.

– LarryR

Some folks did in fact know before other folks, Larry. No assumptions, just fact.

Some folks did in fact know before other folks, Larry. No assumptions, just fact.

– JBGretschGuy

Which is one of the problems with Internet forums. You don't always know what goes on in the background. Thank you

Either way it seems to be in poor taste to use Baxter's forum (at least until Tim's announcement since it now appears to be Rocky's) to solicit people to come join your "other" forum.

But maybe that's just me...I am, after all, a "boomer".

– Toddfan

Ya.. you kinda are being a little boomer-ish about it, ha :) but I hope you understand that I actually started #Gretschmafia in 2016!!!!! Thats Two-thousand- sixteen my man.. not last week. when another assholio facebook Gretsch FB Page kicked my friend Curt Wilson off the page because it was mentioned that he was soliciting his business or something trumped up like that, I decided two could play at that game so #Gretschmafia began in his honor besides wanting a gretsch only fb page. FOUR YEARS AGO.. ok I'll stop being dramatic. Here's a screen shot of the very day I began it for proof.. as a side note: I've been using #gretschmafia tags on all my instagram posts and many posts here for yrs to boot. Please dont spin this into something poopy. Its not.

– JBGretschGuy

Josh you joined gretschmafia back in 2017. A yr after I started it. here's the page showing when you joined up after shawn invited you.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx....

this is all so silly...tavo is gretsch nuts..always has been...he designed gear/pedals to make gretsch guitars sound better!

let's cut the nonsense...

i'm big fan of both t and jbgg..two brilliant lights of the gdp..no bad vibes here

into the future gents..let's stay gretsch unified!!

cheers

Ya.. you kinda are being a little boomer-ish about it, ha :) but I hope you understand that I actually started #Gretschmafia in 2016!!!!! Thats Two-thousand- sixteen my man.. not last week. when another assholio facebook Gretsch FB Page kicked my friend Curt Wilson off the page because it was mentioned that he was soliciting his business or something trumped up like that, I decided two could play at that game so #Gretschmafia began in his honor besides wanting a gretsch only fb page. FOUR YEARS AGO.. ok I'll stop being dramatic. Here's a screen shot of the very day I began it for proof.. as a side note: I've been using #gretschmafia tags on all my instagram posts and many posts here for yrs to boot. Please dont spin this into something poopy. Its not.

– TheNocturneBrain

Yo Tavo!!!! My head is in the sand as always but was kind of put off when the Gretsch FB page knocked a few people off thru the past. I actually only really was there to as I saw Norm was a member before he passed away.

I love the GDP (I know, I know TGP!), am thankful for all I have learned here and connections made and extremely grateful for all of Baxter's hard work.....including his supporting staff like Tartan and Ric12 if I am not mistaken. I'm just as excited for Rocky and Mathew's leadership and admit my GAS for a Rat Rod is burning hotter than ever.

I'll happily join Gretschmafia as it will be a needed addition to keep the ever growing nasty friction flowing all over FB. I do like the FB pages I belong to and is really the only way to keep connected with the animal rescue groups I support and the members areas of the ones that I am a volunteer for. .....a few other cool ones about photography or P90s and my Backgammon games! I don't twitter....I don't think Linkedin is the great tool it can be as it has proven to give a false sense of empowerment and knowledge to people looking to hire and will skirt their HR processes or professional recruiters direction.

But to the point? No ill perception about your mentioning it. Actually thought it was just a helpful shout out to all that love Gretsch goodness and a cool avenue to get a cool conversational tool about the brand we love.

– TheNocturneBrain

Yeah that was that dude Dominick, someone asked me what the process was for fixing his white falcon head plate. I told him what to do and this Dominick goes bipolar on me in messenger.

he said no advertising so explained I wasn’t he went into an insane speech calling me names. I said your site your shit, I get it and deleted me because I used profanity. He must have shut it down because that conversation and he disappeared.

– TheNocturneBrain

I have no doubts about your sincerity and I am certainly not trying to spin it into something "poopy"...but, I still think it is in poor taste to out-and-out advertise it on someone else's forum. Hash tags in signature lines are one thing...an outright advertisement in a dedicated post is another. Whether it was started a decade ago or yesterday doesn't change that. That's just my boomer opinion...feel free to disagree. It really doesn't matter much anyway since GDP isn't my forum, and neither is your #gretschmafia. I get no final say in either one. :)

Heck, I even joined that FB page awhile back....I wish you well in being able to foster and grow your page.

I have no doubts about your sincerity and I am certainly not trying to spin it into something "poopy"...but, I still think it is in poor taste to out-and-out advertise it on someone else's forum. Hash tags in signature lines are one thing...an outright advertisement in a dedicated post is another. Whether it was started a decade ago or yesterday doesn't change that. That's just my boomer opinion...feel free to disagree. It really doesn't matter much anyway since GDP isn't my forum, and neither is your #gretschmafia. I get no final say in either one. :)

Heck, I even joined that FB page awhile back....I wish you well in being able to foster and grow your page.

– Toddfan

I'm having the same argument w the so called "boomers" at church who think that because we GenX & Millennials started a 20min midweek online broadcast w pop songs and a 6 minute weekly boost from the Pastor, we've some how sabotaged the oldies wednesday night bible study. :) And no matter how much we try to explain that our midweek online broadcast is not meant for those who want to be in a boomer age zoom meeting community to chat about life and the bible, but rather just broadcast some uplifting music and a positive word of encouragement from the pastor.. They think we are trying to take over their bible study. They cannot understand both can co exist YET neither are the same in any capacity other than they share the commonality of being from ELCA Lutheran Church.

I feel like thats really close to this situation w Gretsch.

Well, as Tavo says, it's all about the big G guitars so you don't HAVE to get involved in handbag fights over masks, politics, race issues etc,. Serious issues but the bitching and snipping get out of hand and folks never change their minds, or don't seem to.

OR, how about we go vintage and start a new MySpace page.

Hard to keep up with these things. I still get my computer mouse mixed up with the stapler. Hours of angry screen steamin' ensues

Gee...I didn't realize we were "arguing". Well, maybe you are...you're using words like "boomer", "GenX", "Millennials" like they could categorize us into columns which we are then supposed to either like or dislike......I try real hard to not call people "names".

Sure, two things (or more) can co-exist at the same time and one does not preclude the existence of the other. That has nothing at all to do with whether or not it is in poor taste. Are you advertising your mid-week pop song broadcast on the "boomer age zoom meeting community to chat about life and the bible" oldies Wednesday (sp corrected) night bible study? Maybe if you would advertise to them, some of those "boomers" would start listening to your pop broadcast and participate and you would find out that some of them are actually pretty cool open-minded folks who have a wide variety of interests. Even you might learn something.

I think the the title of the OP says it all..."If You FB"... Some of us do, some don't. For those that do like myself, I am usually looking for new content to read that isn't hostile contentious content. "If you FB" check it out. If not, no harm no foul. Trying to remember my MySpace password?

Ha! Curt get into trouble - banned??? no way???!?!?!?!?!!! I was unaware of this FB page and what the Wired Turtle has done in fact, it is actually inspiring to explicitly be an entity for one thing and one thing only. Every where we look these days there's extra crap so cutting that out frees the mind about a particular web site! Thanks to the GDP, Bax, and Tavo there's now another bastion of relaxation and enjoyment for me to check out.

Hi Guys, I can assure you that Tim selected me to guide the pages into it's next chapter because i am not corporate and truly understand the importance of this site, Those who don't know me personally might feel that things here are going to change , ''Rocky'' is about business, sales, moving Gretsch's etc..... I am sure most of you noticed i have spoken very little on the pages over the years, and that was purposely and for reason. I never believed it was a place for a retailer, for sales, for self promotion, and i never wanted to be mistaken in that way, i had way too much respect for the GDP,and for the crew that have been here for so many years, Tim will always be ''The Pages'' To me, I am not replacing him just carrying on what he created and adding some cool new things for the future .... I am blessed to have an understanding of the corporate end of things relating to Gretsch, FMIC. while not being corporate, maybe i can give some insights and different views coming from all ends of the Gretsch world. I see a really bright future for the Gretsch Pages, Other sights can be fun to visit, fun to partake, but there is only ONE Gretsch pages.

thanks for checking in with the encouraging words rocky!...

gdp is a special place for us gretsch people

cheers

Hey Rocky, my guitar buying experience from Streetsounds 15 yrs ago was one of the most pleasing and easy transactions I've ever had. I still have that 5129 I bought in the day and love it! Congrats on slapping leather and hopping in the commanders chair. The GDP is in fine hands, IMO!

Hi Guys, I can assure you that Tim selected me to guide the pages into it's next chapter because i am not corporate and truly understand the importance of this site, Those who don't know me personally might feel that things here are going to change , ''Rocky'' is about business, sales, moving Gretsch's etc..... I am sure most of you noticed i have spoken very little on the pages over the years, and that was purposely and for reason. I never believed it was a place for a retailer, for sales, for self promotion, and i never wanted to be mistaken in that way, i had way too much respect for the GDP,and for the crew that have been here for so many years, Tim will always be ''The Pages'' To me, I am not replacing him just carrying on what he created and adding some cool new things for the future .... I am blessed to have an understanding of the corporate end of things relating to Gretsch, FMIC. while not being corporate, maybe i can give some insights and different views coming from all ends of the Gretsch world. I see a really bright future for the Gretsch Pages, Other sights can be fun to visit, fun to partake, but there is only ONE Gretsch pages.

– rocky streetsounds

Exactly!! Glad youre the Cap'n here now. I can think of no one better.

Gee...I didn't realize we were "arguing". Well, maybe you are...you're using words like "boomer", "GenX", "Millennials" like they could categorize us into columns which we are then supposed to either like or dislike......I try real hard to not call people "names".

Sure, two things (or more) can co-exist at the same time and one does not preclude the existence of the other. That has nothing at all to do with whether or not it is in poor taste. Are you advertising your mid-week pop song broadcast on the "boomer age zoom meeting community to chat about life and the bible" oldies Wednesday (sp corrected) night bible study? Maybe if you would advertise to them, some of those "boomers" would start listening to your pop broadcast and participate and you would find out that some of them are actually pretty cool open-minded folks who have a wide variety of interests. Even you might learn something.

– Toddfan

I'm always open to learn something btw.. "poor taste"? You act like I handed you an IPA instead of a Belgium Wheat.

How can I even begin to respond to a comment as snappy as that!

You win.

(When you grow up, I'll buy you a real drink...like bourbon.)

You win.

– Toddfan

You’re going to be waiting a while.

At least you didn’t get called “boomer”. (Which, where I come from, can get you terminated from your job)

"OR, how about we go vintage and start a new MySpace page."

I keep up with MySpace about once a week; believe it or not, a few bands I followed stayed there because of their fan base.

"Hard to keep up with these things. I still get my computer mouse mixed up with the stapler. Hours of angry screen steamin' ensues"

If I'd been drinkin, I'd have spewed the wall. THAT was funny.

Rocky, you know that I think you are just the best. Tavo, you closet Beatles fan you, I luv you, too, I do. You both embody Gretsch Lovers.

I haven't been on for quite a while as I was out with my critically ill step-Dad (he's better). World changes and I haven't seen Tim's announcement; but, Rocky pretty much covered it, I'll bet. Back to the stream content--and you Boys think Girls bring drama!

Cheers, Olivia Anne

You win.

– Toddfan

Gave it all away, acid reflux from old age:) :)

Register Sign in to join the conversation