Miscellaneous Rumbles

If Amazon starts sending drones.

All this posting is honestly making me short of breath. But , and it is a huge but, if I see a drone over my property I’m going to shoot it down and then trample it with my boots into the ground.

The bill of rights is the only document on earth that guarantees humanity to humanity. My right to privacy is among the most important.

All this posting is honestly making me short of breath. But , and it is a huge but, if I see a drone over my property I’m going to shoot it down and then trample it with my boots into the ground.

The bill of rights is the only document on earth that guarantees humanity to humanity. My right to privacy is among the most important.

– chrisbo

You mean any drone or just Amazon drones? If it's an Amazon drone it probably means you purchased something from them and they delivered it.

I saw a drone about a year ago flying in my neighborhood while I was driving and I tried to follow it but I live in a hilly area and I lost it. Not sure if it was just some citizen's or it was someone else's but I found it odd it was flying high and far. Made me wonder if it was really a resident's because if it was it probably wouldn't go out of one's sight.

Mini-helicopters. Black ones......

While there are legitimate and necessary uses for small drones, they can easily be used for nefarious purposes. They need more FAA and FCC oversights. Like Chrisbo, if I see one hovering outside my window, it's trap and skeet season. Last week, a drone was doing research into shoreline erosion on Lake Superior. An eagle took it out. $1000 into the deep!

Sounds like you are setting yourself up for some serious trouble.

Polecats, any drone.

– chrisbo

I can't shoot down any drones because although I would like to, firing within city limits is illegal. I actually have fired my Henry 22LR in the backyard before with subsonic ammo and it's quieter than a break barrel pellet gun BUT I was firing into a target not the sky. I wish I could fire my rifles in the backyard but around here it is risky. Even with subsonic it can be risky.

About 45 years ago when civilization was further away, my older brother showed me his brand new .22 over and under two shot derringer.

Cool!

He aimed at the back fencepost, .....pop. .22 short.

He handed it to me. I took aim.

.......oops, .22 magnum.

.......oops, .22 magnum.

And the fencepost?

.......oops, .22 magnum.

And the fencepost?

– Kevin Frye

I have 22 LR and want a 22 Magnum or as it is designated 22WMR. Not so common like the 22LR.

.......oops, .22 magnum.

And the fencepost?

– Kevin Frye

The fencepost? Well, uh......um,

I expected "pop", I got........startled!....BIG time!

That little piece of lead is still circling the Earth to this day!

– chrisbo

On a side note pretty much anywhere you go these days you’re being recorded by video cameras. And if you walk up to my front door my doorbell thing is recording everything.

I laugh when I see people committing crimes these days because literally every activity outside your home is being recorded. Buying gas, walking in a school, ever since 9/11 we’re all being recorded.

Courts have consistently ruled you give up your right to privacy the minute you walk out of your home.

Back to your point, I live in Texas and have often wondered how long it will be before people start shooting drones out of the sky. I’m not encouraging or supporting that I’m simply saying I think that day will come.

I have 22 LR and want a 22 Magnum or as it is designated 22WMR. Not so common like the 22LR.

– ThePolecats

I dunno if it was that tiny short barrel or not, but that darn Magnum (WMR, cool!) was surprisingly, unexpectedly loud! Even had a bit of recoil!

I laugh when I see people committing crimes these days because literally every activity outside your home is being recorded. Buying gas, walking in a school, ever since 9/11 we’re all being recorded.

You know, I've wondered about this for quite some time. When cell phones first came out with cameras they had to make a law that taking a picture would make the (audible) clicking sound so those around you would know that you took their picture. (Some weirdos were taking pictures of girls when they weren't aware, apparently) But now, everyone can video anything. it doesn't make sense.

The thing about drones is if they fly over my swimming pool at the wrong time, they wont be to happy about seeing my nekked butt. Lol.

About 45 years ago when civilization was further away, my older brother showed me his brand new .22 over and under two shot derringer.

Cool!

He aimed at the back fencepost, .....pop. .22 short.

He handed it to me. I took aim.

.......oops, .22 magnum.

– F107plus5

My brother sandbagged me like that. .357 shells in his .38. SURPRISE!

No gunfire in town? I hear it every night, especially the months leading up to the 4th of July. I'm actually pretty proficient with a Wrist Rocket---deadly, silent, unregisterable, and no ballistic evidence.

Same here, I hear gun shots every now and then about a mile from my home but not my immediate neighborhood. But with that said I better not fire guns in my backyard. And leading up to 4th of July man it was a war zone out there but 99% of the explosions were explosives like Cherry Bombs, M-80s, M-100s, Quarter Sticks ...

On a side note pretty much anywhere you go these days you’re being recorded by video cameras. And if you walk up to my front door my doorbell thing is recording everything.

Courts have consistently ruled you give up your right to privacy the minute you walk out of your home.

Back to your point, I live in Texas and have often wondered how long it will be before people start shooting drones out of the sky. I’m not encouraging or supporting that I’m simply saying I think that day will come.

– Mr_Christopher

Big Brother IS watching. Facial recognition is effective. Cameras are getting much better. Criminals must be getting stupider. The US isn't as camera covered as Britain, but it is getting there. While I'm not concerned about it all as I'm not going to be doing anything that could warrant jail time, I still find it an invasion of privacy. I guess it's a fair trade-off---security in exchange of anonymity.

Yeah cameras are all over now. Last year in August a retired employee who was a consultant at Cal State Fullerton was fatally stabbed to death. Within days an arrest was made because cameras picked up a suspect while fleeing as well as his car was on camera. Hadn’t gone to trial but I’m sure he will be convicted. He also left a “kidnapping” kit at the crime scene like an idiot. I suspect that the suspect embezzled money and the victim found out and foolishly confronted him. Scary thing is I bought a used Orange amp in Fullerton that day and drove past the school. Didn’t see the crime scene. Must have been on the other side of school.

Point is criminals are easily picked up on video now.

I can't shoot down any drones because although I would like to, firing within city limits is illegal. I actually have fired my Henry 22LR in the backyard before with subsonic ammo and it's quieter than a break barrel pellet gun BUT I was firing into a target not the sky. I wish I could fire my rifles in the backyard but around here it is risky. Even with subsonic it can be risky.

– ThePolecats

High-powered slingshots oughtta do the trick!

Parabar, yes indeed. Some people are real aces when it comes to sling shots. It’s a good skill to have.

Register Sign in to join the conversation