Miscellaneous Rumbles

I miss the fun threads!

"Bitch set me up!" - Thomas Alva Edison

Wouldn't the ultimate irony be that a thread asking for more fun is marked toxic and gets locked?

I can never remember - is it feed a troll, starve a sociopath?

Wouldn't the ultimate irony be that a thread asking for more fun is marked toxic and gets locked?

I can never remember - is it feed a troll, starve a sociopath?

– beatbyrd

Your first sentence is quite amusing. However, you get moved into the humorless drip category with your second sentence. You just couldn't maintain the good vibe could you?

Just because you're offended doesn't mean that you're right.

"Political Correctness" is over...our President is as good an example of that as any other I can think of....

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back there, Sanctuary. You didn't make this place fun. At all.

And you're on a fast track out of here. Again.

Fun threads? Like what, f’rinstance?

– Bob Howard

I started this thread 3 years ago Bob, and judging by the number of posts and several multi-posts as something triggered another memory, it was a huge success, topping out at 215 posts. #214, in retrospect, should be an interesting view today given what's happened and where things stand today. I think the last post, mine, while slightly off the general subject matter has more relevance today than back then.

Maybe folks who weren't around when I started the post will give it a read and come hopefully come up with something not previously mentioned. For us older members, it was a wonderful stroll down memory lane that made us smile. This was a really fun thread!

http://gretschpages.com/for...

A Scotsman, famous for his thrifty nature, noticed one day that the stone step at the front of his shop was getting a serious depression in the middle from the thousands and thousands of feet that had traipsed in and out of the family shop for lo these many years, so he called up the stonemason to have it repaired.

"How much?" he asked the worker, never at a loss for words.

"I can replace it for about 5 pounds," was the reply.

The businessman, his thrifty nature rising to the fore, got a scheming smile on his face and asked instead, "How much to just turn it over? After all, there's a bottom side to this step, isn't that right?" The stonemason allowed that there likely was a "bottom side", at which point the businessman repeated the question- "How much?"

"Two pounds," came the reply.

"Do it!" And with that, the Scotsman went back to work.

About an hour later, he became aware of a great commotion- laughter, guffaws, the whole passel of joviality, coming from the other side of the front door. Opening it up, he saw a small crowd around his front step and everyone, including the stonemason was laughing uncontrollably!

"What's with all this commotion?" the businessman demanded, noticing there was still a prominent depression down the middle of the step, though in the back of his brain, there was something not quite the same. "Didn't I tell you to turn the step over?"

Eventually, the stonemason pulled himself together enough to say "I did, but your father thought of the same thing fifty years ago!!" Then the mason set the crowd to laughing again when he added,

"And you still owe me two pounds!"

"The internet occupies all of my free time anymore, except we have a trip planned to the Ford Theatre soon."

• Abraham Lincoln.
– Richard Hudson

Sorry Richard, still too soon.

You want to know why it's not as fun as it used to be? I'll give you a one word answer: Bear.

You want to know why it's not as fun as it used to be? I'll give you a one word answer: Bear.

– Don Birchett

True...very true.

Did spiritwalker get booted? Haven’t seen him for a while.

This checks a few boxes...

Although I didn't actually watch it.

K

This checks a few boxes...

Although I didn't actually watch it.

K

Did spiritwalker get booted? Haven’t seen him for a while.

– eCastro

He morphed into Sanctuary and claimed foul in a recent post. Bax's response said he's on his way out.

Did you know that there are a lot of crows getting killed on the roads outside of Boston? The curious thing is that they're not getting hit by automobiles, but by trucks. Well, researchers discovered that when a crow goes down to eat roadkill they have another crow on top of a telephone pole or in a tree to warn of oncoming traffic. It seems that the problem is that crows can say: "Cah" but they can't say "Truck"

I have posted the short version here once, here's the long one.

– Deed Eddy

Some cynical types might claim the difference between the two is negligible.

He morphed into Sanctuary and claimed foul in a recent post. Bax's response said he's on his way out.

– Windsordave

Ah. Thanks,. On a re-read of his post that is now apparent .

I don’t contribute as often as many here as there is more for me to learn than add. But I’m always reading it and think it here has been fun a plenty. The echoplex and ‘which fender amp’ thread where fun to read start to tail. Always love hearing about people’s amp adventures.

Speaking of which you had a project with a JBL D130 a foot. How is that going?

– Don Birchett

What happened to Bear?

Register Sign in to join the conversation