Miscellaneous Rumbles

I miss the fun threads!

Seems like the “fun factor” is gone from this site.... What happened?

Possibly, after the crash,many contributors turned into lurkers, or many original posters( of what started as fun threads) became trolls and were subsequently banned, and the rest of us are old, cranky farts!

I hear what your saying, Hipbone, but there's still fun threads here, ya just need to dig a little more to find them.

Fun threads? Like what, f’rinstance?

There was the “Good Grooming” thread and a host of others.

Start a new one! Be the change you wish to see and all that

Political correctness takes the real fun out of everything. Lots of folks are wishing and hoping to be offended. It’s too risky to try and actually have fun.

Political correctness takes the real fun out of everything. Lots of folks are wishing and hoping to be offended. It’s too risky to try and actually have fun.

– Troy6120

I'm offended by that!

I enjoy being poked fun at, having my ancestry insulted, and being banned from that other Gretsch talk site. I’m overweight, balding and pasty-skinned... I feel like I’m giving people enough to work with but no one says anything about those traits anymore. What more can I do???

– Troy6120

Aw, c'mon. CB is right, much too serious around here lately. We used to really yuck it up in a big way...where’s that Pirate Protey pic when we need it?

“You can easily offend a marginal golfer yet it is hard to offend even the best of bowlers!” -William Shakespeare

My skin is thicker than an Elephant. Bring it.

I’m as free to be me as I ever was. If I offend someone, what can happen? So, they’re offended. That’s it, the beginning and end of it’s effect on the universe. Not a problem.

Political correctness.

I can't even go punch out some executives at a charity fight night without getting a lecture.

(K ducking and running :))

– Ger (aka Ratrod)

Mind if I use that as my grumpy old man mantra?

OK, here goes:

A Texas gas station owner was trying to increase his sales, so he put up a sign that read, "Free Sex with Fill-up; just guess the right number between 1 and 10."

A local redneck pulled in, filled his tank and asked for his Free Sex. The owner told him to pick a number from 1 to 10. If he guessed correctly he would get his Free Sex. The redneck guessed 8, and the proprietor said, "You were close. The number was 7. Sorry. No Free Sex this time."

A week later, the same redneck, along with his brother, pulled in for another fill-up. Again he asked for his Free Sex. The proprietor again gave him the same story, and asked him to guess the correct number. The redneck guessed 2 this time. The proprietor said, "Sorry, it was 3. You were close, but no Free Sex this time."

As they were driving away, the redneck said to his brother, "I think that game is rigged. I don't think he really gives away Free Sex."

His brother replied, "It ain't no bullshit Billy, It's not rigged. My wife won twice."

... and the Tub has spoken!

I have to admit, I havn’t been around in awhile. I kind of felt like there was a revolt against the miscellaneous rumble section. People were saying ‘this is a guitar site. You should talk about guitars’. Well, I’m going to want to talk about other things too. Soooooooo..........

Other Things!

I have to admit, I havn’t been around in awhile. I kind of felt like there was a revolt against the miscellaneous rumble section. People were saying ‘this is a guitar site. You should talk about guitars’. Well, I’m going to want to talk about other things too. Soooooooo..........

Other Things!

– Matt Vogt

Isn’t he adorable!

I mean no offense when I say, "Hey! Fat old white guy with the shiny head...……. Get off my lawww… I mean. Stop looking like me."

"The internet occupies all of my free time anymore, except we have a trip planned to the Ford Theatre soon."

• Abraham Lincoln.

"The internet occupies all of my free time anymore, except we have a trip planned to the Ford Theatre soon."

• Abraham Lincoln.
– Richard Hudson

Where did the fun go? Ask the humorless twits that always post this phrase: "Don't feed the troll."

Those are the ones that kill any chance of having fun around here. They are humorless and therefore reply to any post or thread that is not about "what gauge strings do you guys use on your Gretsch" with the utterly boring, "Don't feed the troll."

It really is true. Believe me, I have tried and tried and tried (all my posts really) to bring levity and laughs. That's all I wish to do....but then pops in the drips who post "Don't feed the troll."

Let me ask you, when I post about my gold piping case, don't you see that it is to spark a fun time? Of course it is. An absurd guitar case with gold piping and a gold G painted on it -- that's the stuff of great comedy. But the humorless drips will post, "Don't feed the troll."

Hipbone, if you really want an answer to where has the fun gone, ask Rick12String, DonBirchett, windsordave, Strummerson...and others. Those are the humorless drips who post, "Don't feed the troll." My advice to them would be don't read a Thunderball/Spiritwalker/Sanctuary thread. Go take your dull personalities and read the "what gauge strings do you guys use on your Gretsch" thread.

Yes, this place used to be fun...because I made it fun. Now this place is populated by complete drips. Oh, some, Proteus for example, still respond to me in the way they should (they see my tongue in cheek approach), but most others fall back on the "Don't feed the troll" response and kill any joy this place used to have.

Remember this picture? I made this place fun. Others have turned it into a morgue.

Register Sign in to join the conversation