Miscellaneous Rumbles

I met Charlize Theron in her underwear

This will have to do, I guess.

– drmilktruck

How the heck did you get into our Manhattan apartment in Soho and take this pic? Charlize and I argued over the tile color for a month but she eventually won that decision.

Anyway, I'm taking our jet out of Nashville and she will be greeting me with open arms at LAX tonight and then dining at The Edmon on Melrose Ave.

I figured since my wife was a big fan of "Big Love", she wouldn't mind Charlize being one of the sister wives with me morphing into Bill Paxton's character.....just with more flair, hot love, and good restaurants!

Well...your day could have been worse.....

But...I DO have a "beef" of sorts....I once started a thread about "underwear" and it was deemed one of the worst ever threads EVER started here on the GDP....

BUT...it was the one thread I started that got more response than any other I started. -wink-

'Just Sayin'

Man, I consider myself lucky if I stumble upon my wife in her underwear…

Boy, I hope while she was in there she cleaned all that grout.

Man, I consider myself lucky if I stumble upon my wife in her underwear…

– Neal Rudnik

hahhh! Yes!! Hi-fives!

Taffy, Did I tell you I can make some really cool cabinets,,I live nearby too.

One of my Household duties is cleaning grout...

I'll even pay my way out to LA!

Nice little visual aide... ( ).

Best I can do happened on the set of The Glitter Dome 'way back in the 1980's when I spent two full days in company with James Garner, Stuart Margolin and Margo Kidder. I was paired up with Margo's nephew, who like me had a very small part in the movie. As a result, with his family connections, we were able to hang out in her suite at the hotel in Victoria which served as home base.

Margo was pretty much at the top of her game in those years just after Superman, & kept us entertained with stories of her adventures on other sets in other movies. Because we were "family", she didn't mind our presence around her as she dealt with costume and makeup changes. 95% of the time, she did have a short satin robe on, but there was the odd time when makeup considerations required that the robe be set aside. When I made to leave, I was told to sit down and not worry about it. She said if she didn't mind, why should I? Besides, she had to finish the story she was regaling us with.

None of which I can recall, for some reason....

Somewhat eye-opening to my younger eyes, but all part and parcel of being part of the "show biz" er..biz

My best brush with fame was the time I was in a prayer circle with Prince before a concert.

I was his doctor for several years in the early 90s, when he was the Artist. His people asked me to come see him before a show at his nightclub Glam Slam in Minneapolis. I was packing my bag to leave the back stage area when the whole band gathered for a pre-show prayer. Two of the people let go their hands and indicated I should join them. I did and drummer Michael Bland prayed for a good show. They went on stage. I watched for awhile and then left.

Did she make you give them back?

I have loads of similar stories, but I won't bore you with them - but they involve models, not Hollywood film stars. I'm a photographer and used to shoot quite a lot of lingerie, swimwear, etc. I used to know most of the good models in my town simply because we used to work together all the time. Some were just lovely people who I still bump into sometimes, others were the models you hear about who constantly ask if they look fat. Almost all of them were great to work with.

One time I was at a popular local beach early in the morning to get some swimwear shots for a model's portfolio. This model was someone I used to shoot a lot and we were friends I guess. The beach we were at was quite rocky and used mainly by surfers who would surf about 100m off shore at the reef. Well when it came time for her to change costumes she asked me to hold a towel up for her so the passers-by couldn't see. So I did. Then suddenly a heap of surfers needed to surf a lot closer to shore! She saw the funny side fortunately.

Not long after that she moved to NY, and appeared in the opening credits to a movie. Now she is going out with Eddie Murphy. This is Paige - she's the first girl you see.

I trust your story, Taffy. after all, you have no reason to lie to me.

Lol, I'm amazed any of you would doubt my story after all I've been here since 2011 and a loyal supporter of the GDP. I just happened to apply for a job with a construction company here in LA when I came over here in 2004 and they gave me the job. I had no idea they were one of the leading companies who work on only high end projects. Here's a link to their website so take a look for yourself. Go to the press and projects tabs and take a look. We've been in the Architectural Digest magazine on numerous occasions. If you really need proof then I'll post my W2 lol.

http://www.forthill.com

I wouldn't get bent out of shape from the sad opinions of one nebulous member as it would appear from all the other responses to this thread, the rest of us believe this amusing anecdote and are having fun with it.

Now if it were me in your shoes I wouldn't have only told her of my guitar playing ability, but mention the fact that I was extremely good with my fingers....in case she needed help with something

We are all just a tad bit envious, Taffy. I believe you because I know that kind of stuff happens in Los Angeles. It's all good, mate.

She is very attractive. I remember her from one of her early movies, Cider House Rules.

I'm amazed any of you would doubt my story

Well, many of us here have heard similar stories from people around our towns, that is why most of us here feel your story may be suspect.

Hey, if it indeed did happen...good show. If it did not...well, at least you chose the right girl to get our imaginations working overtime.

Did what you say really happen or not happen? The better question is: does it really matter? The film PATTON did happen, the film JAWS did not happen...yet most people love both. Truth or fiction...both can be appreciated. True or false, who cares? You supplied a rather enjoyable thread. Well played, my friend.

Lol, I'm amazed any of you would doubt my story after all I've been here since 2011 and a loyal supporter of the GDP. I just happened to apply for a job with a construction company here in LA when I came over here in 2004 and they gave me the job. I had no idea they were one of the leading companies who work on only high end projects. Here's a link to their website so take a look for yourself. Go to the press and projects tabs and take a look. We've been in the Architectural Digest magazine on numerous occasions. If you really need proof then I'll post my W2 lol.

– Taffy

No need to defend yourself. Not sure why someone would feel the need to question your story publicly.

I never doubted the story for a minute, and your credibility is well established and was never in question as far as I'm concerned.

The only thing I can't figure out is what you were doing in Charlize Theron's underwear in the first place.

(Hey! Hey! Don't go there! This is a family establishment!)

You're one cool customer, Taffy! Had I been in that situation, I would have either acted like Goofy: "Gorsh, Miss Theron! H'yuk. H'yuk." Or I would have diverted my eyes and apologized.

And that is why cool stuff doesn't (and shouldn't) happen to a hick like me.

that is why most of us here feel your story may be suspect. Spiritwalker

Please don't speak for me (and, I suspect, others here).

I believe you Taffy...and, I am jealous as all get out!

– Taffy

If it helps any, I'd say most of the guys here are both credulous and envious of your little adventure with the comely Ms. Theron. Including myself. My "As if" quip was a little throwback reference from the movie "Clueless", and was directed as a tongue in cheek jibe at NJ and Tavo's posts immediately preceding it.

Taffy's story is real, ... as is my offer to fly out to clean the shower grout!

I would hope that picture is indicative of the working conditions.

My attention to detail when it comes to cleaning nasty stuff up is better than most...for this particular effort I think it would be very, very slow and deliberate.

My wife calls me "stain boy"...

Laundry is another area of expertise.

Well, the nebulous member has put his foot and half a leg in his mouth this time by claiming he speaks for most everyone by stating "....that is why most of us here feel your story may be suspect."

He's a majority of 1, who thinks the story is untrue and most certainly doesn't speak for me regarding something a friend of mine posted on our website. The last paragraph is today's WTF moment given the allegation.

Register Sign in to join the conversation