Miscellaneous Rumbles

I don’t think I have enough money to even LOOK at this stuff.

Can’t seem to find any pricing but I suppose if you have to ask...

That is some out there hifi gear. I’m a bit of a prude when it comes to stereos though, I prefer a nice, clean, honest box that doesn’t resemble any kind of anatomy.

Call me crazy, but there is little I appreciate more than entirely unneccesary engineering and craftsmanship. This thing won't do anything that you probably couldn't make an iPhone do, but sweet fancy Moses, the fact that a tiny machine powered by a spring that you can wear on you wrist can execute 20 functions is astounding.

Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime https://www.patek.com/en/co...

And none of us have enough money to be looking at that marvel. $2.6 million.

It's nice to see recording and playback equipment such as this in our day or iPods and associated earpieces. The lost art of 'High Fidelity'.

It’s like my Dad told me, and I’ve told my son; “it doesn’t cost anything to look”.

I thought my Dad's Grunding was so futuristic, with it's "Green Eye" and World and Radio.

I wonder what the 2 different tape machines go for...

Wonder if they make a can opener? Can’t find a good can opener these days...

But I'm glad I live on a planet and at a time when there are such things.

http://www.metaxas.com/HIFI...

– Proteus

Wanna go in halfsies on the studio recorder??? Only $37,500 each for the full blown record setup! I wish :)

Well it might be good industrial design but none of that was good graphic design! If you want someone to read you copy don't use a hard-to-read font. Don't have blocks of sans serif text.

I must be getting old. That kinda stuff used to impress me but these days it seems to be making things more complex than necessary to do the job. Just because something uses expensive materials which are hard to work doesn't make it better, just more expensive.

Holy hell! I wonder who HAS that stuff!

Wonder if they make a can opener? Can’t find a good can opener these days...

– Hipbone

Starfrit makes the ultimate. It unseals the top - no sharp edge on the lid or can.

Wow! the headphone amp, shaped like a skull is 8K USD and the complete sound system is 300K USD.

Reminds me of the 2K Hookah I saw in a Porsche lifestyle magazine.

I guess if I wanted to record somewhere where aerodynamics were important.

Well it might be good industrial design but none of that was good graphic design! If you want someone to read you copy don't use a hard-to-read font. - JimmyR

No kidding. I didn't get very far into the text before deciding it was too much of a chore reading that font.

Starfrit makes the ultimate. It unseals the top - no sharp edge on the lid or can.

– Windsordave

Thanks for the tip I just ordered one:)

Thanks for the tip I just ordered one:)

– Daniel Weldon

That style's been around for awhile. We've got a small DC version, and there's a large AC counter top model on the market. They work well.

I couldn't bring myself to read eleventy pages about that, but why does the turntable have two tonearms?

Hmm, the tables and chairs don't match, but I'd date that ballerina.

...------

I couldn't bring myself to read eleventy pages about that, but why does the turntable have two tonearms?

– Otter

For different cartridges; a moving magnet and a moving coil. Serious audiophile stuff.

Probably great stuff, but you can get real hifi for a fraction. I just couldn’t see that stuff around my house, even if I had the dough. Interesting, though.

Register Sign in to join the conversation