Miscellaneous Rumbles

I Couldn’t Take It Anymore. I Had to Walk Out!

Any film that’s miserable. What’s the point? A wise man once said to me that great art had been made from sadness, melancholy, moodiness, darkness, tragedy....but being miserable is somehow different and unattractive. I try and remember that when I’m feeling ......miserable. My wife likes a TV show here called Call the Midwife. It makes me want to throw my dinner over the tv

almost forgot, Add the Blair Witch thing to the list too. Never quite got what the attraction was for that

I love good sci-fi, but the entire Star Wars catalog and the whole “Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter” genre are just unbearable. Miserable, pained expressions throughout.

If I want to feel awful, I just watch an old David Lynch film.

To recap, I dislike lots of movies, but the movies "I walked out" of after paying...

A Star Is Born

Caligula

Dune

...------

Ya know, I saw Dune in the theaters as a nine-year-old. Like all nine-year-olds, David Lynch's style really resonated with me. What can I say, my parents didn't have the best judgment in movies for children. I watched Jaws at five and was terrified of any water for several years.

Anyway, I think I might give Dune another shot.

Not a movie, Joe bonamassa live. I got board

To recap, I dislike lots of movies, but the movies "I walked out" of after paying...

A Star Is Born

Caligula

Dune

...------

– indianation65

Later this year, you'll have a fresh chance to sit all the way through "A Star Is Born." If you didn't like it the Babs and Kristofferson, maybe you'll love it with Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga.

The Talented Mr. Ripley. I forgot, Karolyn and I both walked out on that one.

I could NOT get myself to walk into a Joe Bonamassa show Mr. Munman!

Doh!

The Talented Mr. Ripley. I forgot, Karolyn and I both walked out on that one.

– Suprdave

Actually I liked the book but they twisted something really obvious in the film and wrecked it. In the book, Ripley had no motive, or at least that was part of the puzzle. In the film, they answered that by making him a gay psycho...all the subtle levels of intrigue in the book were neglected.

I was watching "Dune" on my Spectrum Cable ISP service over the Holidays when I had the flu...

2/3rds the way through it "walked out" on me!

Some crazy "We are sorry" note popped up after the screen went blank.

The Spice is the Worm, the Worm is the Spice...the Weirding Way...Jules Verne sets and costumes, ... and Water is Priceless.

Great cast, and for an over-the-top moment Sting all oiled up in a Tarzan G-string get up...

All from the mind of David Lynch.

What's wrong with you people...That's Entertainment.

HA!

EDIT:. Oh, yeah...I forgot, if you stay "stoned" on the Spice too long your eyes turn iridescent blue. Tell tale sign of over-indulgence, and apparently the only way to comfortably Space Travel!

I love good sci-fi, but the entire Star Wars catalog and the whole “Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter” genre are just unbearable. Miserable, pained expressions throughout.

If I want to feel awful, I just watch an old David Lynch film.

– Powdog

TOTALLY! Lord of the Rings would have been ok if it was shorter. Three or four minutes I reckon. The story telling is so light weight. Star Wars passed me by too.

Ya know, I saw Dune in the theaters as a nine-year-old. Like all nine-year-olds, David Lynch's style really resonated with me. What can I say, my parents didn't have the best judgment in movies for children. I watched Jaws at five and was terrified of any water for several years.

– Afire

Don't feel bad. I saw Jaws when I was in my twenties.................................took a fair amount of time not to "skunk eye" shower drains and toilets! LOL

– Afire

Dune was the price the studio made David Lynch pay to get funding for the real gem: Blue Velvet. And although I love that film, it was the only movie my parents ever walked out of.

They just didn’t get David Lynch.

Wholly Moses: A really horrible Dudley Moore comedy which was a rip off of Monty Python's Life of Brian

Those first two "new" Star Wars films. If my young nephew weren't with me I would have walked out. George Lucas still owes me $40. Awful.

For the price of admission to a new film, you can get a copy of a whole season of "Have Gun Will Travel," or a classic Jacques Tati film, or just about anything better than some lame comic book remake. And I like comic books.

– lx

Episode 7 would have been OK if it would have served as a platform for the rest of the new trilogy. But it doesn't. Episode 8 is incoherant and has very few redeeming qualities. I'm still gonna see 9. It's like train wreck in slow motion and I have to see how it ends.

BTW, it's Disney that owes you 40 bucks, they own the franchise now.

I'm not gonna see the Solo flick untill I've checked some reviews.

If never had to walk out of a theatre but if I had seen 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' in the cinema, that would have been the one.

Dune was the price the studio made David Lynch pay to get funding for the real gem: Blue Velvet. And although I love that film, it was the only movie my parents ever walked out of.

They just didn’t get David Lynch.

– Powdog

Blue Velvet gave me the creeps, and I usually like the creeps.

"Dont look at Me" !

“Saving Private Ryan,” way too bloody for me. My soul doesn’t need to see that. My wife and I walked out of the theater shortly after the movie started.

Only in recent memory have I or we walked out of a movie.. Pete's Dragon. I was on vacation, we had nothing to do and we sat for about 30 minutes before we just said, lets walk.

As a kid, my parents were uber religious, so..every biblical epic that came out, Ben Hur, The Ten Commandments, the Robe, etc.. I got drug to and most of these were 3 hrs. plus...I hated Religious movie season!!!!....

anything with Donald Duck in it..

A Passage To India was a true turd on film.

Didn't walk but should have: Barry Lyndon. 'Slowest moving' film ever madeNominated for a few Oscars and won one insignificant to me one. Ryan O'Neal is often named in lists of bad movies it seems.

I like Dune.

Watched it multiple times.

Only one, and it's already mentioned- The Exorcist. Funny thing, I had already read the book and though not my normal fare, I thought it well done.

My girlfriend of the time found me in the lobby after the film- I didn't make it past the pea soup, she did.

Register Sign in to join the conversation