Miscellaneous Rumbles

Home on the Range

I’m happy to report that I and the entire family (and dogs) made it up once again to our Cabin in eastern Idaho for vacation. Campfire Guitar playing, motorcycle riding, fishing, rafting , shooting, swimming and general good times for all. Lots of family and friends and food. God Bless America

Are you anywhere near Silver Creek or the Big Wood river? Those are amazingly great trout streams; some of the best fly fishing I've ever had. I'm sure there are some other great streams in Idaho as well. I'm envious; enjoy the sojourn.

Beautiful spot you've got there Norm. Journeymans isn't too shabby either.

So beautiful! I have to get back to the USA . Never been to Idaho .

Wow.

You're living in your own private Idaho!

looks like the perfect place to record an album!

Looks (and sounds) fabulous!! I know I could use a getaway like that. I'll bet that kind of vacation does wonders for one's "mental health" and outlook.

Reminds me of "Little House On The Prairie". Or "A River Runs Through It"

That looks nice. Nice place you have there.

Agreed, God Bless America! And may I add - "To The Republic"

Are you anywhere near Silver Creek or the Big Wood river? Those are amazingly great trout streams; some of the best fly fishing I've ever had. I'm sure there are some other great streams in Idaho as well. I'm envious; enjoy the sojourn.

– Journeyman

Henry’s Fork of the Snake River is in the very same neck of the woods, one of the most famous Fly fishing spots in the country.

Henry’s Fork of the Snake River is in the very same neck of the woods, one of the most famous Fly fishing spots in the country.

– 949Norm

We hit Henry's Fork on that same trip; it was a thrill but the trout were...uncooperative, and not at all impressed with our presentations. Parts of the USA are just incredible.

While I’m not a fly fisherman, I do appreciate the art of it. I can jump on a bike here and be fishing at Henry’s fork in about 5 minutes. We can be in Yellowstone Park in about 30 minutes from here. It’s just gorgeous country . Unfortunately, they have recently torn down a local landmark right on the Snake river and Marriott is building a new 120 room hotel there. Guess it was time for an upgrade.

Looks like a fun quality family time spot. Congrats

Register Sign in to join the conversation