Miscellaneous Rumbles

History of the Eagles.. Story of an American Band….

Just saw this on facebook...

A new doco about the life and times of the Eagles! Should a be a pretty good show!

Trailer

I'm surprised that they haven't set it up as a pay-per-view event at $250 a viewing. Cha-ching.

I was always an Eagles fan, but the money thing with them has just gotten completely out of hand. And, I'm surprised that they even showed Don Felder's face in the trailer, much less the movie. It probably kills Henley and Frey to see him in it.

True, they have had a few problems in the past haha

But you can't deny Felder's involvement, he was a huge part of the band.

I'm surprised that they haven't set it up as a pay-per-view event at $250 a viewing. Cha-ching.

I was always an Eagles fan, but the money thing with them has just gotten completely out of hand. And, I'm surprised that they even showed Don Felder's face in the trailer, much less the movie. It probably kills Henley and Frey to see him in it.

– Ric12string

– Ric12string

Same here, always liked the Eagles, and watching them "develope" over the years was something.

As usual, some folks handle "fame and fortune" in a not so good way.

Loved Felder.

The Eagles without Felder, is like the Beatles without George.

You can read the rest of my mind on this ;-)

Early eagles were awesome! Leadon was my fav player. Fielder was great, also. Walsh was awesome before joining. Wish he would have continued on his own things.

Joe still done some solo things...

Im a huge Joe fan, Barnstorm is one of most favorite albums ever. Such great songwriting.

It is just the corporate approach that they took to the band. They squeezed every possible dollar out of everything. Selling seats for $250+ at their shows was a big turnoff for me. I loved these guys and saw them in concert probably more than any other band (exceeded only perhaps by Poco). I saw them on a billing with Jackson Browne and Linda Ronstadt -- a real Southern California rock show. But, since they have reformed, it is so obviously just a money thing. It is all about getting every last dollar from their efforts.

I don't begrudge the guys earning a living. And they are certainly very talented musicians and songwriters. But, I doubt that I will ever be seeing them live again. I rarely even listen to their most recent album too. Just not really what I enjoy hearing these days.

I loved Don Felder. He was the musical glue for the band during their Hotel California hey-day. His signature hooks for the songs were so melodic and so memorable. Think about the guitar solos in One of These Nights, or Hotel California. You can probably whistle them right now.

By the way, I saw Don Felder a few months ago for a $15 or $20 ticket price and he played most of the Eagles hits. With the exception of the lead vocals, you could close your eyes and think that it was the Eagles playing there. His guitar tone was all over those songs on the albums.

It's almost unbelievable that anyone would pay those prices for concert tickets. Would have been something to see those Ronstadt/Browne concerts!

i liked the Eagles much more when they were Poco, if you get my drift.

I really enjoy watching Joe play, he is just a gas! But I will agree with the other comments about Don being the 'sound'. 8-)

It's almost unbelievable that anyone would pay those prices for concert tickets. Would have been something to see those Ronstadt/Browne concerts!

Barbra Streisand commented on her $1,000.00 per person Las Vegas ticket price, that she had spent her whole life training to give an evening performance, and that she was easily worth it.

Sold out... both houses... & every night. :D

!#$@% always thought henly and frey took the corporate mindset too far. they sued Walsh when he did Desperado solo on a keyboard for Howard Stern..it was beautiful tho. They stopped the lawsuit when Joe promised not to do it again..only he did do it again, another beautiful rendition. F them guys, go ahead Joe and Don F.!!! Geoff :P

I saw the Eagles on their first tour. Poco was the warm up band---the Eagles were technically excellent, yet they just didn't have Poco's "drive". It was a "Here's your show, now give us the check." attitude. I got burned out with "Hotel California" being played hourly on the radio. Always been a Joe Walsh fan since I heard the James Gang in a Cleveland bar in the early '70's. The mixture of the Eagles and Joe always seemed unusual to me. It seems to have worked out.

What Eagles' tune was used for the theme of a BBC sci fi series?

‘The Journey of the Sorcerer’ by The Eagles

Stop saying "what?" to every post Scott.. It's not polite...

Rather, say ; "I beg your pardon?"

what?

– Jeffrey Osowski

what?

– Jeff (UF) O (landed on my lawn)

Huh?

Joe sings Desperado

Disclaimer: I did not listen to the whole clip. I'm sorry if this goes sideways as it is Howard Stern and his crew.

I have two Eagles memories to share . . .

They were the warm-up act at the first rock concert I ever attended, & it was also the first time I'd ever heard of them. Allman Bros. were the headliner. I'm sure the ticket price was short money back then.

Second, in the late 1990's I spent a few weeks working in Vietnam. Our driver didn't speak a word of English, but he loved the Eagles tune Hotel California. He would play it at loud volume in his old Toyota Land Cruiser, singing along phonetically (he didn't understand any of the words), with all the windows rolled down . . . while driving us slowly along a boulevard in the early evening, after dinner.

Cruise night, DaNang style, with the soundtrack provided by the Eagles. 8-)

I like the Eagles. But to pay big bucks to see them? Nah!! Last person I payed to see was a good friend last Friday nite. Cost me ten bucks for me and my wife. We drove 50 miles to see his trio play a VFW hall. Worth every penny too. He has given me such good deals and been such a good friend to me.

never cared for the eagles , but Joe Walsh is Great !! ,

Joe Walsh is a sweet human being. We saw him in LA, in February. He's married to Barbara Bach's sister...making him Ringo's brother-in-law. How kooky is that?

Register Sign in to join the conversation