Miscellaneous Rumbles

Heading to Nashville 1st time , whats to do?

1st trip to Nashville in May. Taking all suggestions..Music , Guitars , Eats...and so on..

Gruhn Guitars of course. The Opry, Bob's... it's a fun place... music all the time.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the Country Music Hall Of Fame. I usually don’t go in for the touristy stuff but it’s a great collection of artifacts.

I have a co-worker who said that his aunt the Nashville local said the best kept secret in town is to make sure you go to church. Everyone in town hoped to be a famous singer at one time and then got on with their lives. Those choirs are filled with folks who can really sing!

Gruhn Guitars of course. The Opry, Bob's... it's a fun place... music all the time.

– DCBirdMan

Speaking as a local, Gruhn's is OK, but somewhat overrated, and certainly not the only game in town when it comes to quality vintage gear.

Carter's-- now THAT's a store.

Robert‘s Western World! I spent each of the 3 nights I stayed in Nashville there.

Third Man Records is right around the corner from Carter's Vintage Guitars, which is right up the road from Gruhns.

East Nashville has some cool shops and music stores.

The American Pickers store(I forget what it's called) is neat to tour but exspensive....and the building it's in is pretty cool to walk around in. It used to be a automobile factory.

The parthenon. Yup. They have one. Replica. The bars on the main drag play all kindsa music all day. Free. Fun to walk around and bar hop.

Broadway is the country bar strip for tourists. Fun for first timers, for sure. I love Nashville.

Roberts Western World!

Union Station is a grand old building worth a look.

When we went we had a great time at the CMHOF, the Johnny Cash museum, Carter Vintage (well, I had a great time there...my wife was patient), and a big part for me was visiting the Chet Atkins statue.

The Ryman, Country Music Hall of Fame, and Tootsie's Orchid Lounge. The Opry, too, of course. As for eats, don't know a whole lot of places, but have breakfast at the Loveless Café, if you get a chance, and try the "red-eye gravy" with your biscuits....mmm-mmm good!

Union Station is a grand old building worth a look.

– Mark G

+1 on this. My wife and I stayed there on our honeymoon....really something to see.

Thanks keep the ideas coming, Just got some tickets for Margo Price at the Ryman.

Register Sign in to join the conversation