Miscellaneous Rumbles

Harvest thread.

I enjoy the various threads involving harvests this time of year. I've harvested two lambs, a few bushels of sweet corn, some atomic size butternut sqashes and about to bring in about ten gallons of kiwi berries. ( grape size kiwis). My grape buddy's have sent around nine tons of wine varietys to the winery. We have about four tons to pick on Thursday. I was lucky to pick enough red grapes to make 12 gallons of wine. Hopefully I might get more juice before the season ends. I will also make apple wine after the grape season ends with whatever containers I have left empty. (Free apples by the tin around here).

Yeah, well you'd better wash your hands before touching your guitars,Dave.

It's good to have work.

My favorite harvest:

Pressing white grapes. Cayuga. Kinda brown color

About 36 gallons.

Why are the potatoes purple? Is that the variety that is purple? Or are they being colored by something else?

It's a variety. Originally from South America. Grew well here this summer. Yukon golds grow great here too

We harvested Delaware variety today. About 11 gallons. Also about four gallons of concord

Why are the potatoes purple? Is that the variety that is purple? Or are they being colored by something else?

– Ric12string

Barney's Ribs.

2+2 is 4

Register Sign in to join the conversation