Miscellaneous Rumbles

Happy Mother’s Day!

Happy Mother's Day to the most important people in our lives. Without our mothers we would literally not be here today! My mother has sadly passed but I was lucky enough to have 66 years of my life with her. She will always be my unwavering support, my inspiration, my role model and the finest person I have ever known. Happy Mother's day to all the mothers out there!

Thank you, audept. Here are my lovely ones; Drew came to my home to cook a wonderful brunch for us. This is their first year when Emily truly is part of our family, having married Drew in June. They close on a their first house soon; and, then, I'm hoping they get busy having those magical creatures called "grandbabies."

That's great, Olivia Anne! Awesome they came over and you were able to have brunch together !

Happy Mothers Day!

Happy Mother's Day indeed. I was fortunate enough to spend the afternoon with my Mom today. We both enjoyed it immensely.

A belated Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms on the Gretsch Pages. Not only are you a mother (the most important job in the world), but you are cool as well.

While never achieving mainstream pop success, The Mothers certainly had a huge impact both on the growing underground movement of the era, as well as creating an extensive library of challenging and syncretic work that demanded to be taken seriously - and served notice that the formal vocabularies of rock would support compositional complexity. Not only that; in the long run, the mother of Mothers, FZ, proved not only an innovative and influential guitarist, but a forceful, canny, and unapologetic example of creative integrity in the rock pantheon - not to mention a tireless (if sometimes tiresome) defender of free artistic expression.

Another late Happy Mothers day, here.

Register Sign in to join the conversation