Miscellaneous Rumbles

Happy Bithday Dcbirdman!

And may all your demented shortscale dreams come true!

Truly this place wouldn’t be this place without you.

Hey, let's do this the right way. Happy Birfday!

Happy birthday, Birdman, many happy returns, I hope you have a demented day!

Well thanks guys..

I came here in 2006, after quitting Telecasters in in 2002 and been a nuisance here ever since. Then the Gretsch era --with lots of good advice and counsel here -- nearly 20 Gretsch guitars and basses came and went (including 2 Dukes), Then a short Gibson hollowbody era. The 24.75: wide-neck Rick 650 era was also rewarding including one of only three 650-12 conversions, now in the Bob Howard collection.

For the 12 string scene, for me it's about 9 strings -- the Phantom 9 and the Voccolli Tele 9 is the one for sale. I have to suffer w/ 25.5 on these but it's mainly about lower fret chords so ok for now. If Rick 950 husk turns up, already got plans for world's only Rick 950 -9

Then realized I had been working way too hard playin' these long-neck guitars, blew thru 24" (got World's Best Mexi 24" Duo Sonic neck up on the verb), came to rest at 22.5 and now it's fun to play again. My short scale will the be a 21" Rick 950 when I can find one. the 325 doesn't work for a few reasons even tho the scale is cool. My long scale bass will be 25.5 like old Supros. Eying an old Carvin right now.

So all the stuff you have seen here is working towards a goal of how I can enjoy guitar and bass at and advanced age, playing Timid Folk Music.

So still some stuff on the want list, still a few things to sell off. Still Demented Projects --latest sick idea is sticking a mudbucker on a Value Leader Bass -- they come at me like nightmares -- thing is tho I pay others to do the work, and always take a hit when time to sell. Untold thousands have been burned up this way. Still never had more than 6 things here at once.

DCB

Happy Birthday! Go to Atomic and buy something demented.

May your shortscale, demented birthday scene be as intense as the intense Japanese dudes on ebay!

Hey, I kinda like this format: on a feller's birthday, he gives us a short essay on some relevant aspect of his life, a taking-stock and summing-up for him and insight for us. Like a speech with toasts at a party.

Happy Birthday, Rob, I hope you’re having a great day!

Happy Birthday and all the best (demented projects)!

Have a super birthday, DC!

happy bird-day

cheers

Hey Rob! From my little corner of Canada, have a terrific Birthday!

Hey, I kinda like this format: on a feller's birthday, he gives us a short essay on some relevant aspect of his life, a taking-stock and summing-up for him and insight for us. Like a speech with toasts at a party.

– Proteus

Ahh that's just my verbose/tedious self running on about my guitar journey/evolution which everyone pretty much has heard some of ... zzzzzzzzz.

But there should be some good show and tell coming up before end of this year everyone wants to be over. Starting to think about sparkle just like on this Rick 650 .. .for the Jazzmaster project. Except... well it costs more and is harder to sell, etc .

Also next month making the same trip as last year where I will be passing thru The Alternative Reality of Indiana for a few hours.

From last year I can tell all you guys -- it really does exist.

But today except for GDP I stayed offline on purpose.

Happy Birthday, DCBM! Does your penchant for short scale extend to birthday candles less than 1.5" as well?

Happy Birthday, DCBM! Does your penchant for short scale extend to birthday candles less than 1.5" as well?

– Parabar

Just any thing modest and in scale with/proportional to the size of the cake.

It was a good day, unplugged from the Mayhem of Our Modern World, except for checking in here.

Just pushing some guitar project$ along.I sure have the time. Time to rev up the search for the few rarities on my want list. It always changes.

Happy Birthday! Go to Atomic and buy something demented.

– Mark G

Well they have a 24.5" scale Mosrite bass that is eatin' on me. Kind of low on trading bait tho.

Everyone should go by and see their corner of big Kustom amps that nobody in Our Modern World wants.

And atho this troubled year is not yet over --- for Demented Guitar of the Year, this one I posted back gets my nomination...

https://reverb.com/item/343...

Register Sign in to join the conversation