Miscellaneous Rumbles

Happy Birthday Shuggie

Enjoy Shuggie, birthdays only come once a year.

I've always thought you, Proteus and crowbone have the coolest forum names.

I’m late.... and mobile!(cell phone). This is about as high-tech as I get but am busy and on the move and I can’t say hi with a rotary phone!

Happy birthday Shuggie.... I hope you had a great day!

Thanks again fellas.

Redrocker - I was recording with a band from Scotland years ago called Primal Scream and one of them called me Shuggie.

Apparently that's a nickname Scots people tend to use if your name is Hugh - or Huw in my case.

I must admit I kind of liked it - and there's Shuggie Otis of course - so that's why it's my forum name.

Thanks again fellas.

Redrocker - I was recording with a band from Scotland years ago called Primal Scream and one of them called me Shuggie.

Apparently that's a nickname Scots people tend to use if your name is Hugh - or Huw in my case.

I must admit I kind of liked it - and there's Shuggie Otis of course - so that's why it's my forum name.

– Shuggie

Cool story. Again. Sounds like Mani to me. ;)

What Primal Scream era was it if I may ask? I love their first 6 albums (until and including XTRMNTR). None of them was anything like the one before. Have seen them live a few times and it's always a blast. A real blast. They're not a quiet band.

Nope Sascha it was Andrew Innes while the Primals were recording 'Damaged' for Screamadelica.

My buddy Henry Olsen was still on bass at the time.

Still a cool story. I'm sure you have worked with several artists who are part of the soundtrack of my life. You once told me about Mansun whose 2nd album 'Six' is still my favourite.

I only mixed them live a couple of times.

Happy Birthday. Hope it was just Grand.

Register Sign in to join the conversation