Miscellaneous Rumbles

Deleted Thread

Shouldn't this be in Gretsch Garage Sale? ;)

Shouldn't this be in Gretsch Garage Sale? ;)

– crowbone

Good one, CB. I just now happened to see this and cracked up when I did.

You tryin' to slip a burr under my saddle or sumpin'?

OK, now you've gotten me curious. Or maybe I was already curious by nature and you just got my attention.

Ahhh. Is this the leftover of the bad-binding finish-faded (but surprisingly great shape and incredibly beautiful) 60s doublecut 6120 sale, in which a would-be seller took self-righteous and wounded offense to Rickity's observation that the guitar wasn't made in Arkansas?

Ahhh. Is this the leftover of the bad-binding finish-faded (but surprisingly great shape and incredibly beautiful) 60s doublecut 6120 sale, in which a would-be seller took self-righteous and wounded offense to Rickity's observation that the guitar wasn't made in Arkansas?

– Proteus

No, no. I had started a thread to wish Deb Fieldhouse a happy birthday when I noticed that someone had already started one that was down below the fold, so to speak. So, I deleted this thread and wished her happy birthday in the already-existing thread.

What Crowbone is referencing here is my intermittently-stated frustration with people who delete their "For Sale" posts after the product has been sold. Then we have an orphan thread where no one has a clue what was being offered. I am one of those guys who does research online about stuff that I buy, particularly used stuff. So, it is of interest to me to learn what the item was originally listed for sale at, and how much it got reduced and over what period of time before it eventually sold. CB has witnessed some of those postings and he is just being confused how a "deleted" thread that I am involved with is not somehow in the Garage Sale section.

Touché, John. I had a good chuckle over it.

OK. Never mind, then.

If you'll buy all the stuff I have for sale, I promise not to delete anything.

Dang it... where do all the good threads go?

– Tartan Phantom

Right now as we speak, we are waiting for someone to show up to see if they want one of the three-outta-six kittens that we have left.

What's that got to do with the GIF above? Glad you asked!

On the 2017 August 31 Lunar View, Solar Eclipse NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day there is a photo taken from the Moon looking back at the Earth. Kinda looks like the shot above without all the drama!

The photo shows the US with a Big Black Smudge on it over near the East Coast.

....which was the exact same time that two of the Kittens were born!

How many folks can show a picture of Earth at the same time that their kitty was born?!

Not many, I'd betcha!

EDIT: Well, the little snow white one with the one blue and one green eye has a new home with a very nice young lady! Two left!

Right now as we speak, we are waiting for someone to show up to see if they want one of the three-outta-six kittens that we have left.

What's that got to do with the GIF above? Glad you asked!

On the 2017 August 31 Lunar View, Solar Eclipse NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day there is a photo taken from the Moon looking back at the Earth. Kinda looks like the shot above without all the drama!

The photo shows the US with a Big Black Smudge on it over near the East Coast.

....which was the exact same time that two of the Kittens were born!

How many folks can show a picture of Earth at the same time that their kitty was born?!

Not many, I'd betcha!

EDIT: Well, the little snow white one with the one blue and one green eye has a new home with a very nice young lady! Two left!

– F107plus5

With synchronicity like that, I would hope that you named them Castor and Pollux, Phobos and Deimos, Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, Sirius A and Sirius B, HDE 22686 and Cygnus X-1 or some other celestial related pair.

With synchronicity like that, I would hope that you named them Castor and Pollux, Phobos and Deimos, Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, Sirius A and Sirius B, HDE 22686 and Cygnus X-1 or some other celestial related pair.

– Tartan Phantom

Yup; we decided not to name them ourselves but allow the new owners to have that happy task. What I did do was have the photo from the Moon up on my computer so they can see what our planet looked like when the kittens were born and be sure they understood the significance of the unusual event.

The gal that got the one today didn't seem particularly interested in the history of the critter, but the youngster that got one last week thought that it was pretty cool!

I thought it was pretty cool too! We're keeping one!

Good one, CB. I just now happened to see this and cracked up when I did.

You tryin' to slip a burr under my saddle or sumpin'?

– Ric12string

It's what I do best.

All in good fun. Don't sue me.

Register Sign in to join the conversation