Miscellaneous Rumbles

Hank Aaron, RIP

Sad to hear of this Hall of Famer's passing. He was at least a 5 time All-Star in 3 different decades....wrap your head around that! What a career and life in 86 years.

Long career and long life. Hank definitely played some extra innings. He’s now playing with the Angels.

RIP

Milwaukee's finest. RIP.

As a diehard Braves fan going back to the late 70’s when I went to my first game....this hurts badly :(

RIP Hank Aaron, thanks for the wonderful memories. He was one of my baseball heroes, and a real gentleman. I'm sad that he passed away, he will be missed.

Long career and long life. Hank definitely played some extra innings. He’s now playing with the Angels.

RIP

– Powdog

Amen! Hank Aaron was an inspiration to me. I was a baseball lover before I was a music lover and Hank Aaron was the pinnacle of players.

Sad. One of my all-time baseball heroes. Class act and obviously one helluva slugger.

A legend of the game. RIP, Henry Aaron

MC Hammer got his nickname because of his resemblance to Hammerin' Hank. Few players could "touch this" --- being Hank's long list of records.

I watched him break the record live on TV. Bless him.

Another one of my childhood heroes gone. RIP HANK!

One of if not the greatest ambassador in the history of baseball. Still the home run king, not that swollen steroid pretender.

Do yourself a favor and find a copy of "I Had A Hammer", Hanks self penned biography. What a story his life was. You'll get a great education about the Negro League where he began. RIP.

I saw Hank hit 704 in St. Louis Summer '73...quick strong wrists!

A legend and an Icon! RIP Sir.

I watched him break the record live on TV. Bless him.

– tubwompus

Me, too. I was 7 years old. I remember Dad taking the whole family over to my grandparents (they lived in the same small town we did) to hopefully see Hank break the record. And he did! That's probably my first big memory of pro sports.

Register Sign in to join the conversation