Miscellaneous Rumbles

Gretsch x 2?

If yer talkin' to me, yer talkin' to me on the GDP...

This thread prompted me to check over there. I found the first guy to mention publicly that he bought one of the new Vintage Select 1953 Duo Jets.

Gretsch-Talk

Nope. This is the only Gretsch forum for me. The only other forum I go to occasionally is the TDPRI.

the TDPRI

There was also a big blow up over there a few years back involving (it might have been) Strummerson. Led to numerous people being banned...myself included. It was like a Stalin purge.

I have a bunch of YOU CAINT SAY THAT emails

I really don't go to either much any more

I'm in sell mode...trying to figure out reverb

the TDPRI

There was also a big blow up over there a few years back involving (it might have been) Strummerson. Led to numerous people being banned...myself included. It was like a Stalin purge.

– Spiritwalker

Really? I didn't know that. I am in no way very deeply involved with the tdpri like I am here. I don't know anyone there, just post occasionally with questions or answers. And I only glance over de vintage sections once every few days.... I actually know people here and it feels a bit like a home.

Yeah, that TDPRI is strictly monitored. Doesn't take much to get banned from that place. Simply saying that you use .11s on a Tele can get you banished.

the TDPRI

– Spiritwalker

If I remember correctly, it had to do with Tavo posting a photo of George Bush. The guy who runs it banned Tavo from the site for having posted about politics and, in protest, many others, including Strummerson, left it and came over to the GDP. Basically, they all demonstrated against the heavy-handedness of the site. Later, Tavo was able to convince the owner to allow him back on the G-T site.

Me too.

– Bob Howard

Me Three.

Me four. And other guitar-related forums, as well.

Register Sign in to join the conversation