Miscellaneous Rumbles

Gretsch x 2?

I'm just curious. Are most of you cats in the Gretsch-Talk forum as well?

I just looked at a Gretsch/Victoria amp topic, and saw a few familiar faces.

Addendum: This question may have been asked before, but I'm not sure.

...------

I had a look a few years back, but the GUI was too icky.

I'm on both sites. I frequent this one more. The other forum seems like a social networking site for a lot of guys over there.

Yup. Both are great places to hang out. It must be due to the Gretsch influence. Different flavors, different tastes, both have good people. GT seems to have more Europeaans.

I was banned there for liking another person banned from the site.

How will life go on?

I'm here everyday but I check in over there a few times a month.

I will occasionally go over there and look around. I am somewhat put off by all of the intrusive ads on that site. There are also some other awkward things about navigating the site.

That being said, my exchanges over the years with G-T members have usually been pretty good. Some wonderful folks that I first met over there on that site are now very active GDP contributors, such as LA_Manny, Michiel Hielsloot, Raye Boals, Sarah_93003, Hot Rod Michelle, etc.

I was banned there for liking another person banned from the site.

How will life go on?

– crowbone

Me too.

I've only gone there by mistake when a google search led me astray.

Aye,i'm on there too.

Oh, behave yourself. There is only one home for this.

Tried it a few times, didn't like it

I generally spend more time over there. There seems to be "drama" too often, and I've witnessed occasional derision of Electromatics and by extenson their owners here - that just never happens on GT. Could be a misconception on my part; but I'm entitled to my misconceptions so I'm sticking with it.

I frequent both sites. I find that there is a better knowledge base here overall. Lots of decent folks on the other site as well, though. And this site has Duane Eddy and Billy Zoom!

Don't really care for the other one. Old fuddy duddies and the less experienced. Much cooler vibe here. The other is so clinical.

I'm here everyday but I check in over there a few times a month.

– BuddyHollywood

That's true for me as well. I have no problems with GT. Just more "at home" here.

It's OK to GT curious...

I don't hang out over there. No particular reason. Been here for so long, it seems like home.

I don't hang out over there. No particular reason. Been here for so long, it seems like home.

– Jim Krause

Same here

There was a big blow up over there a few years back involving Strummerson. Led to numerous people being banned...myself included. It was like a Stalin purge.

Thanks for the responses. I'd like to think that peace and harmony exists all over, but we know better. Regardless, I will venture over at times, but I'm not sure if I'll create a profile. I usually stick to one per topic.

Addendum: Hockey, and the Dallas Stars seems to be the one topic that I have multiple profiles in multiple forums. Not even my Minnesota Vikings takes me beyond the Vikings Message Board, but the Stars, they shine for me everywhere.

Gretsch, Gibson, Reverend, Rickenbacker, Dean (yes, Dean) and Guild, I usually stick to just one. Have a great one forum brothers. IN65

...wisdom

There was a big blow up over there a few years back involving Strummerson. Led to numerous people being banned...myself included. It was like a Stalin purge.

– Spiritwalker

Lordy, that's suprising! LOL

Register Sign in to join the conversation